WWE Royal Rumble 2022

Perry

Like everyone has said the lack of star power was obvious. Also they are reaping the non rewards of having everyone fight everyone else and trade wins. It used to be that in the Rumble two people could face off who you had never seen face off before. You’d get excited about what possible combinations of people in the ring there could be. Now it matters less, only with celebrities can they create something new. 

I always forget what year it was, but remember that Survivor Series tag a few years ago that had Nakamura, Joe, Roode and maybe some other 'new' guys along those lines in the ring with Triple H, Shane McMahon, Kane etc? And the young guys just got eliminated one by one so the Attitude lads could finish the match?

This Rumble was the extremely forseeable consequence of that and the booking mentality associated with it.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I always forget what year it was, but remember that Survivor Series tag a few years ago that had Nakamura, Joe, Roode and maybe some other 'new' guys along those lines in the ring with Triple H, Shane McMahon, Kane etc? And the young guys just got eliminated one by one so the Attitude lads could finish the match?

The one where the ending involved HHH, Kurt and Shane with two confusing swerves designed to end up with Hunter (48) winning, for the purpose of building… what? Pretty sure lost in the confusion was Braun. Who at the time was rumoured to be heading to a match with HHH at Mania but instead won the tag belts with a child, eventually later on winning a world title from Bill Goldberg (53) before losing it, having to do a cage match with Shane (51) at his next Mania before being let go.

Hmm.

Well I think I have to be done with WWE's current product. Its the constant cuts and movements from the camera. I have been diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy and the poor buggers just can't keep up with it anymore. Had to watch it in three parts just to give them a break.

But my main gripe from the last event I watched has improved. The commentary was much better than Summerslam and Survivor Series.  Everything was just meh. Perfect lead up to Wrestlemehnia. Though the video for Brock and Bobby was fantastic and Reigns and Rollins was good and I didn't even mind the finish. But the rest. Jesus.

Not even sure the Rumble match from 99 was this bad. How far gone are you when you can't even pull a positive out of the Rumble match? And Happy Corbin?! Fuck me what bollocks.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Insider are apparently reporting Riddle was the planned winner before they changed their mind and went with Brock.

Absolute bollocks, surely? That would have been up there with Tank Abbott for “whoever suggested it lost their job.”

18 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Another report I read had Orton winning too.

With what little they’ve got going on, an RK-Bro implosion and an Orton/Riddle title match would at least allow them to pretend they had a plan and don’t just care about one match.

Or even Orton/Riddle/Lashley.

But, hard to get there now. Probably be Edge/Lashley, just so they’ve got a name challenger.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:27 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Lesnar/Lashley was fucking superb. Lashley looked like he’d suffer with PTSD at the end. He dumped Lesnar on his head with the first suplex, so Lesnar kept trying to kill him until Lashley’s arsehole went and he kept trying to turn onto his stomach during the suplexes.

Glad it wasn’t just me who thought this. He was definitely nipping and you could see Brock was less than impressed with the first one.

11 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The main event for the Saudi Show is an elimination chamber match for the WWE Title so they could have Orton or Riddle win it there. 

Surely this can't be right. They have the elimination chamber PPV in 3 weeks. They can't push how important and sadistic this match is then rehash it for the blood money ppv weeks later.

If that is true honestly there isn't 1 single element of this company that makes sense or has something they can make feel special and unique 

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Surely this can't be right. They have the elimination chamber PPV in 3 weeks. They can't push how important and sadistic this match is then rehash it for the blood money ppv weeks later.

If that is true honestly there isn't 1 single element of this company that makes sense or has something they can make feel special and unique 

The Elimination Chamber IS the blood money PPV this year. No Crown Jewel or Super Showdown, at least at this point in the year.

54 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

The Elimination Chamber IS the blood money PPV this year. No Crown Jewel or Super Showdown, at least at this point in the year.

I believe they're contracted to do two shows there per year, so there'll likely be one in autumn, too.