Mustafa Ali asks for his release...

Kamran

• Paid Members

Usually public release requests are treated with a bit more pettyness than just backstage ones going by previous examples such as Sun Cara (original), Sin Cara V2 and a few others, Kalisto might have been one.

Hope Ali likes the catering. Unlike Ricochet (who I could see requesting soon), Ali seems like a genuinely nice chap outside of wrestling.

• Paid Members

Shame, he's exciting performer. A very dynamic, eye-catching style in the ring, and an underrated talker outside of it. Despite the Retribution angle falling flat on its arse, he worked hard to try and keep it interesting, put lots of energy into his promo time and did everything he could to make it work. One where you feel they've really missed a trick in terms of his potential marketability. 

Crazy how quickly things can change in wrestling. A few years ago it looked like he was going to be pushed to the moon and according to him he was down to win the 2019 MITB until minutes before he walked out where Vince apparently told him Lesnar was a surprise entrant and would be winning now.

I actually find him pretty generic, I wouldn't say he did anything that to me sticks out from the 50 other wrestlers with a similar style. If he does leave wrestling I wish him the very best for success in delivering his "message" but I doubt Vince or anyone else in the wrestling world will find him a significant loss to it.

17 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

At one point him vs Buddy Murphy on 205 was the best thing on WWE tv. Hope he does well elsewhere.

He also had a fantastic falls count anywhere match against Hideo Itami / Kenta on 205 that's legit one of my favourite TV matches of the past few years. The finish is one of the smoothest table spots you'll ever see.

• Paid Members

NXT 2.0 spoilers. For the three people who still watch it.

Spoiler

Between WALTER becoming Gunther Stark and Sarray becoming a Japenese school girl, I'm more desperate than ever to know what the proposed gimmick was that caused Ali to quit. Never change, Vince.

• Paid Members
On 1/16/2022 at 8:52 PM, Nick James said:

Usually public release requests are treated with a bit more pettyness than just backstage ones going by previous examples such as Sun Cara (original), Sin Cara V2 and a few others, Kalisto might have been one.

Hope Ali likes the catering. Unlike Ricochet (who I could see requesting soon), Ali seems like a genuinely nice chap outside of wrestling.

Oh.

https://whatculture.com/wwe/report-wwe-refuses-to-release-mustafa-ali?utm_content=buffer8b13d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Screenshot_20220121-071354_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Nick James