Mustafa Ali asks for his release...

Kamran

• Paid Members

So they find Mustafa Ali who hasn't been on TV in months more important to them than Toni Storm who had wrestled Charlotte on the Friday on Smackdown and asked for her release following a house show on the Monday? That makes sense. 

I mean, considering how utterly toxic that work environment must be (even moreso at the minute), it doesn’t surprise me that they don’t want to signal you can just ask to leave and then go. They’d be left with no one but Charlotte, Roman and Orton.

Also, Ali probably didn’t help his own cause by making it abundantly clear he was going to reveal some pretty horrible truths about WWE.

I reckon they were going to pair him with a pet monkey and call him ‘Prince Ali’ or something. Maybe paint Omos blue.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

So they find Mustafa Ali who hasn't been on TV in months more important to them than Toni Storm who had wrestled Charlotte on the Friday on Smackdown and asked for her release following a house show on the Monday? That makes sense. 

He’ll fill some sort of diversity checkbox that blonde white girl doesn’t.

26 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Also, Ali probably didn’t help his own cause by making it abundantly clear he was going to reveal some pretty horrible truths about WWE.

I think that's the most likely reason for them not granting his release. I can only imagine what they pitched him, and they'll likely want to wait until the situation has calmed down, to try smooth things over and kill, potentially, a highly negative story that could have broken on the same week that they trademarked the name of a Nazi commander. 

13 minutes ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

They need him for their Saudi-shows...

He's American, and his dad is from Pakistan.

2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:
17 minutes ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

They need him for their Saudi-shows...

I think that was the point he was making. He's the right shade of brown, so WWE will trot him out for the Saudi shows regardless of his heritage.

3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I think that's the most likely reason for them not granting his release. I can only imagine what they pitched him, and they'll likely want to wait until the situation has calmed down, to try smooth things over and kill, potentially, a highly negative story that could have broken on the same week that they trademarked the name of a Nazi commander. 

Yeah and Rey Mysterio is also an American... Doesn't stop them from using him as a Mexican... 

6 minutes ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

Yeah and Rey Mysterio is also an American... Doesn't stop them from using him as a Mexican... 

He has Mexican heritage, and as a result may well view himself as Mexican. I'd be slightly surprised if Ali viewed himself as Saudi Arabian. And there's no track record to suggest that WWE does, either. 

Ultimately, there are valuable discussions to be had about racism in wrestling, but @WyattSheepMask is right, I don't think it's going to come from this particular conversation. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

He has Mexican heritage, and as a result may well view himself as Mexican.

He does. He was born north of the border but to Mexican parents and spent most of his formative years in Mexico, represents Mexican wrestling, supports Mexico in sports etc. Its one the situations like Kane was born in Madrid, doesn’t make him Spanish.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I mean, considering how utterly toxic that work environment must be (even moreso at the minute), it doesn’t surprise me that they don’t want to signal you can just ask to leave and then go. They’d be left with no one but Charlotte, Roman and Orton.

Sounds great!