AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

CM Punk was calling for a title shot after he beat MJF wasn’t he? I guess they keep him off the show until Hangman beats Cole again then have the big challenge.

He needs to get climbing those rankings to get a title shot. 

Has it ever been explained why 2.0 and Garcia attacked Jericho a few weeks ago and are now his biggest fans? It's bugging the hell out of me. 

Really loved the two opening matches. Between them they had most of my current must watches of AEW involved and didn't disappoint. Thought the 6 man had some great spots (like the triple moonsault and double doomsday) that were really different and didn't look too contrived like a lot of Jungle Express' offence can. Never thought I'd be that into Wheeler Yuta as when he walked back into the ring. Looked like he belonged there with Regal and Co. As much as I love Best Friends, Trent Baretta needs to sack them off. He looks out of place in their random selection of nerds and needs to get his teeth into something. 

Disappointed by the TNT title match. Thought Wardlow came out looking weaker than he needed after Max pushed him into a ring post once and that was enough, and echo some of the sentiments about Scorpio Sky. I first saw him on the PWG show in Orpington in 2006 and his "oh my God... look at my abs!" gimmick was fun and got him over quick with the crowd. 16 years later he's the exact same guy, but without that catchy line and nothing having replaced it. He's just... a wrestler with nothing to differentiate himself from other wrestlers with nothing to differentiate themselves. 

After that and The Hardys slog (I am so over them and think Jeff is the weakest AEW big name signing by a long way. There's no one I'm really bothered about seeing him face) I was struggling to stay awake but big love to Thunder Rosa and Britt for dragging me back in. Absolutely loved the main event and was genuinely hooked by not knowing which way it was going to go. I'm not like a lot of others and loved Britt's reign and think a lot of the problem with others not being elevated to her level rather than anything with her. She had cracking PPV matches with Statlander and Conti in the last few months and I look forward to the inevitable feud with Jamie Hayter. 

Red Velvet channeling Jumping Jeff in her promo.

Tony: Alright guys, and on Friday Night on Rampage, Red Velvet you go one-on-one against a lady you know very very well, Layla Hirsch

Red Velvet: Yeah…….

There was a similar occurrence in a promo a few weeks back when Statlander, Hirsch and Red were all involved. All of 3 of them are so monotone in their mic work, why put all of them together

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is I guess Kris Statlander isn't an actual alien from Andromeda anymore?

This is a good thing IMO. I like her as a wrestler but it always felt like a half-arsed gimmick.

I wonder how much longer Best Friends are for the world as a stable. Statlander is "getting serious", Yuta is angling for a transfer to Regal's squad, and as @Rockbus2 suggested, Trent is looking out of place and (storyline) pissed off since he came back (and I'd also be pleased to see him spun off into something else/bigger, I've loved him since he was having bangers with Curt Hawkins on Superstars).

You could leave Orange, Chuck & Danhausen as a trio but I suspect they drift their own ways too, possibly into RoH for a couple of them?

Has the AEW cage always been that configuration?  Like a Hell in a Cell but with the ring pushed against the back wall so you can do normal cage spots?  It's clever, I like it.

Pleased for Thunder Rosa, and that's a well told 12 month story.  The match felt like it was stuck in 2nd gear for a while - both these ladies throw terrible punches which may be the issue when they brawl.  But 100% effort in the stretch and no fear, and a good pop for the win.

The Wardlow match was a TERRIBLE idea.  I don't remember Goldberg struggling for 10 minutes against someone a foot shorter than him, and then losing.  Feels like they booked themselves into a corner whereby they had to give him a title shot, but didn't want Sky to drop the title (for some reason) and this was the result.  The crowd chanted for CM Punk so they were as confused as I was.

Personally I love seeing the Hardys back.  Jeff as a singles wrestler, you're alway a hostage to fortune - will he be sober, will he be arsed?  At least in a tag, Matt can do most of the work and Jeff can take a hot tag and send the crowd home happy.  Looking forward to seeing them against one of the better, less create-a-wrestler tag teams.

5 minutes ago, Loki said:

Has the AEW cage always been that configuration?  Like a Hell in a Cell but with the ring pushed against the back wall so you can do normal cage spots?  It's clever, I like it.

No, they've made some alterations along the way. Off the top of my head I can only think of the 3 they've had.

Cody v. Wardlow. What's thought of as the traditional cage with no real gap between the ropes and the mesh.

The expanded cage for the Young Bucks v. Lucha Bros. That allowed more room for a camera operator in the cage.

Now the Hell in a Half Cell.

• Paid Members
On 3/17/2022 at 10:47 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

Anyone know where I can get that Miracle Violence Connection T-shirt that Dax was wearing? Figured it would be on Pro Weestling Tees, but no dice.

I think it's an old Violent Miracle (violentmiracle.com) design - might be worth signing up to their mailing list, as I wouldn't be surprised if they reissue it now.

• Paid Members

Quite a few people speculating on a potential Jericho's sports entertainers vs Regals real wrestlers feud. I think that's unlikely and that it's a good thing it probably won't happen. What makes this new group so great is how much it makes sense story wise for Jericho's character and how he's developed. 

Inner Circle were set up by Jericho as a group of killers to take over AEW from The Elite. Jericho brought in killers, top guys and stars. The Elite were, as they said time and time again, brothers. But now in Jericho's eyes they've moved on without him or turned against him. So he's not going to let that happen again. This new group aren't brothers...they are sycophants, jobbers, scrubs. It's not about the group, it's all about Chris Jericho now. Just the way he wants it. It's really great long term storytelling. 

Edited by LaGoosh