AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

2 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Also: Gresham is tiny.

He’s also built like a fucking tank and, from the admittedly very few times I’ve seen him, wrestles in a way that makes sense for somebody of his stature.

Loads of wrestlers are under 6ft these days. Daniel Cormier is also a short arse and he beat most heavyweights he faced in real fights.

5 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

He’s also built like a fucking tank and, from the admittedly very few times I’ve seen him, wrestles in a way that makes sense for somebody of his stature.

Loads of wrestlers are under 6ft these days. Daniel Cormier is also a short arse and he beat most heavyweights he faced in real fights.

I wasn't saying that in a perjorative way. I just hadn't realised how short he is.

1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

I wasn't saying that in a perjorative way. I just hadn't realised how short he is.

Yeah fair play. Body types have been such a big talking point recently and I would be surprised if anybody thought he didn’t look the part, regardless of his height.

• Paid Members

Gresham is an anomaly. You think he's huge when you see pictures, then realise how short he is, but somehow it doesn't take away from his act at all and he is completely believable. You forget all about his height once he gets going.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Tony Sniff is a twat

Can we please keep this painfully unfunny running "joke" exclusive to the Tony Khan is a Twat thread? I'd rather this Poundland Pitcos shit didn't infect any other threads.

Edited by LaGoosh

The show definitely missed having Taz for me, but hopefully he's now full-time on Wednesdays at least.

I'd thought that King would probably be the one to win, out of all the heels in the match he stood out. I wouldn't mind him and Hangman going at it more either, if they hold back on the spooky bollocks.

The Butcher is in phenomenal shape right now, with the NXT losers out injured I'd keep him and The Blade on TV in their place for tags and singles. They're low key two of my faves.

That was possibly the best showing from Storm, Nyla is sadly still the monster that everyone beats tho, she's thankfully lost Vickie but also been lumped with the greener than grass MMA lass.

Edited by Merzbow

That was a fun match, although I’m not crazy about Brody King as the winner. He feels very much like a Lance Archer/Jake Hager/Brodie Lee dryly challenger to Moxley - the large-but-athletic type wrestler we saw him face off against during his last run. If anything, King feels less established than they did. I’m not crazy about the ongoing AEW-trend of predictable matches - a big star versus someone lesser - to prevent big names from facing off on TV. 

Ultimately, we pretty much know Moxley will win this match no matter who he wrestles. I just wish they’d have done something more interesting with it.