AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

• Paid Members

So Scorpio is pretty injured too. Another interim title going to be quite likely here? 

A lot of crazily high praise going around for the Bucks/Lucha Bros match. It was pretty nuts and a lot of fun. However this carry on about it being one of the top matches in company history? Come off it. A really exciting TV match, but in the end, it wasn't the best match in the company that week. 

48 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Either that look was legit or they're hinting at a Hook x Lexy thing.

Most of us on here would look at Hook that way 

Fuck whatever reskinned mess the AEW wrestling game is descending into, that they can't show more than a few seconds of gameplay every 6 months. Give me AEW Kart, with Hookhausen in their buggies. 

(Plus Hangman on a lawnmower, Statlander in a UFO, and Trent? in Sue's minivan.)

1 hour ago, CavemanLynn said:

Fuck whatever reskinned mess the AEW wrestling game is descending into, that they can't show more than a few seconds of gameplay every 6 months. Give me AEW Kart, with Hookhausen in their buggies. 

(Plus Hangman on a lawnmower, Statlander in a UFO, and Trent? in Sue's minivan.)

Tony Sniff in a limo, In game transactions to get the Ospreays an upgraded motor. 

• Paid Members

Has anyone came in from New Japan and not instantly shat the bed? Even guys I enjoy, who I know are capable of greatness, it’s like AEW television is their kryptonite and they all end up having average matches that completely fail to make them seem like a big deal. Ospreay was just the newest instalment.

Even if you ignore what a massive weapon he is in real life, I can admit he’s talented. Not that you’d know it here though. To my knowledge, this was his first time on proper national TV in the US and he had an absolutely okay match. Definitely didn’t sell me on seeing him at the pay per view.

Given this trend, they’d be better not even putting Okada in front of a crowd until at the PPV itself. I also refuse to believe they’re really going to do the Triple Threat, with Adam Cole included. I don’t think there’s any amount of cocaine someone could take to think that’s a good idea!

More positively, Kris Statlander has quietly became one of my favourite acts in the company. She’s improved loads and feels one step away from being a superstar. I’d be tempted to have her be Jade’s first loss.

But yeah. Another show that Hookhausen effortlessly stole. The very definition of leaving the fans wanting more. I need to know how they spend their days together!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Supremo said:

But yeah. Another show that Hookhausen effortlessly stole. The very definition of leaving the fans wanting more. I need to know how they spend their days together!

Since Rhodes To The Top is now more, I say replace it with Keeping Up with Hookhausen. MAKE IT SO!

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Has anyone came in from New Japan and not instantly shat the bed? Even guys I enjoy, who I know are capable of greatness, it’s like AEW television is their kryptonite and they all end up having average matches that completely fail to make them seem like a big deal. Ospreay was just the newest instalment.

As part of the Forbidden Door build not really.

Still think Jay White was better than I was expecting. Had the tired Elite v. Best FriendsChaos beat down in the back. Then he pops from behind, slams somebody into the side of a truck and walks off. You can hear the live fan reaction which helps sells it as a big deal.

Then it was a Rampage main event a week or so later against Trent. Played a proper heel compared to the likes of Adam Cole's schtick. Wish he'd hung around and did more as that was probably it until the Forbidden Door announcement.

The less Hook does the better. Their restraint with him is incredible even when many other things are falling to the wayside. I’d love for him to come over and do a Show here, would tempt me back to going again. Just not ICW, I have limits