WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

Very sad news coming out of this press release for some meet and greets.

Madcap Moss will be in attendance.

With five matches already locked in, plus an almost certain Edge v Judgement Day (in some configuration) to come (Damian Priest is on that meet and greet too) do we think it'll run longer than recent PPVs?

I could see them having a "King/Queen of the Castle" battle royale if they bring enough spare people over.

15 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:
  Hide contents

2 episodes of SD been taped tonight. Rondas suspension to be lifted in show 2 (air the night before Clash), so make of that what you will

Hopefully she will be added to the SD women's match and not have her face the winner on the 9th Sep episode 

This article published today by the Principality Stadium also namechecks ^ that person as being "expected to compete".

https://www.principalitystadium.wales/2022/08/26/wwe-fans-welcome-to-principality-stadium/

Also mentions

Spoiler

Edge

Means absolutely nothing really, but you'd have thought they'd have had it from somewhere rather than just making it up.

There's a lot of people missing so far, so I'm hoping we get a few more matches added.

The "pop-up" store in St David's is a joke.  The concession stands in the stadium, and there are set to be many, will be selling the same transparent tat [i]anyway[/i].  This is a "Visit Wales" ploy to get people into the capital.

Besides which, the ticket sales have fallen below expected numbers (65k as opposed to the 74k wanted).  Seat re-allocation bollocks is now under way.  This will be a flop if the booking is not up to scratch. And the E won't be back for a major PPV show for another 30 years.

Watch for an announcement from AEW on British shores before long.

[Edited for grammar]

Edited by Arthur B. Funky

24 minutes ago, Arthur B. Funky said:

This will be a flop if the booking is not up to scratch. And the E won't be back for a major PPV show for another 30 years.

Watch for an announcement from AEW on British shores before long.

It's already a success. The booking is irrelevant. It's taken them this long to do a stadium show here. I'm not aware of any intention to do them regularly going forwards.

And TK has been clear of his intention to run UK shows long before this show was ever a possibility. 

32 minutes ago, Arthur B. Funky said:

The "pop-up" store in St David's is a joke.  The concession stands in the stadium, and there are set to be many, will be selling the same transparent tat [i]anyway[/i].  This is a "Visit Wales" ploy to get people into the capital.

They always do pop up stores for the big shows now its nothing specially done for this event 

Wrestlemania had one as did Money in the bank and Summerslam

Makes things easier if anything as it allows people to buy stuff beforehand or after the event and not have to queue in the Stadium.

29 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's already a success. The booking is irrelevant. It's taken them this long to do a stadium show here. I'm not aware of any intention to do them regularly going forwards.

And TK has been clear of his intention to run UK shows long before this show was ever a possibility. 

I think it's fairly well known that Fyter Fest 2020 was going to be in the UK.

https://talksport.com/sport/wrestling/709337/aew-uk/

9 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

There's only one place getting regular stadium shows outside the US for the next few years and it's a lot more sandy than the UK! Massive travel ballache aside they don't seem to have any intention of doing another Aussie one again. Out of interest have they announced any Raw/SD tapings for later this year or is that something being knocked on the head?

AEW won't do a stadium I expect either. They'll keep it conservative for their first show here. I'd expect Wembley in London or even 2 nights with one being even smaller like the Copper Box and maybe another for Rampage (BOTB) elsewhere.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Arthur B. Funky said:

why is it a joke? 

I was in Cardiff yesterday, there's Clash at the Castle stuff all over the place. Banners on the lamposts, posters and all that kind if the stuff. The Entertainer toy shop is decked out in WWE shit, they have have a replica belt/backdrop on display to have a photo with etc. if you like that kind of thing.

Edited by Egg Shen

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

AEW won't do a stadium I expect either. They'll keep it conservative for their first show here. I'd expect Wembley in London or even 2 nights with one being even smaller like the Copper Box and maybe another for Rampage (BOTB) elsewhere.

I blame Meltzer for much of the stadium talk. Going to LA, you could do a stadium for a first show. Going to Toronto, you could do a stadium, Going to London, you could do a stadium.

Not an NFL stadium of course. That'd be too big, but an open air soccer stadium that usually has a grass pitch with the timing being in the middle of the season.