WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

I'd imagine if AEW did come to London it would be Wembley Arena or o2 at a push. Best they feel out the market before going big on stadiums. Remember viewing figures aren't fantastic over here and I guess if they can turn 5% TV viewers to buying tickets they'll be very happy if you add on European fans coming over too. 

If they were going straight to stadium then somewhere like Fulham is most likely - 'Tilt on the Thames' or some other shite name.

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

I'd imagine if AEW did come to London it would be Wembley Arena or o2 at a push. Best they feel out the market before going big on stadiums. Remember viewing figures aren't fantastic over here and I guess if they can turn 5% TV viewers to buying tickets they'll be very happy if you add on European fans coming over too. 

If they were going straight to stadium then somewhere like Fulham is most likely - 'Tilt on the Thames' or some other shite name.

Aren't they currently the best they've ever been? I'm sure I read something about Dynamite beating Raw and Smackdown viewing figures in the UK.

1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Craven Cottage is mentioned in the same way Jacksonville Jaguars stadium gets a mention. His family owns the teams so people jump to conclusions. Like Meltzer who looks at the initial interest events of everyone (actual buyers & touts) trying to get tickets and thinks = that could be a stadium show.

Wembley Arena or the o2 has always seemed most likely. Keep it simple from a production standpoint.

Uk Ratings wise 190k on ITV4 has been Dynamite's record. Which they've only just hit. They are creeping up now they have a fixed time on ITV4. That doesn't include the ITV1 repeats I believe they still do late night and that small percentage of people that stream elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Aren't they currently the best they've ever been? I'm sure I read something about Dynamite beating Raw and Smackdown viewing figures in the UK.

Best they've been on ITV4. I started keeping track at the end of May when there was the first mention of record viewership which was 182k.

Thinkbox gives weekly data without an archive and BARB paywall most of their information these days.

27th May 182
3rd June 175
10th June 164
17th June 171
24th June 188
1st July 157
8th July 118
15th July 127
22nd July 144
29th July 127
5th August 118
12th August 190

It's not yet TNA on Challenge heights. Although there's a decade of changing viewer habits since then.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

That doesn't include the ITV1 repeats I believe they still do late night and that small percentage of people that stream elsewhere.

I had no idea they'd made it onto ITV1 until this week when I saw Rampage was on Tuesday night just after the news. How long have they been doing that?

Just now, HarmonicGenerator said:

I had no idea they'd made it onto ITV1 until this week when I saw Rampage was on Tuesday night just after the news. How long have they been doing that?

Roughly since the beginning. I never kept track of it because they would move all over in timeslots and ITV1 has regional variations. First it was a condensed hour long version. Now it's a replay of the ITV4 edit. With Rampage getting added sometime in the new year as ITV didn't have the rights when it started.

Which is why people speculated the relationship might be coming to an end. Then they picked up Rampage and the shows on ITV4 are in a fixed time slot the majority of the time.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Best they've been on ITV4. I started keeping track at the end of May when there was the first mention of record viewership which was 182k.

Thinkbox gives weekly data without an archive and BARB paywall most of their information these days.

27th May 182
3rd June 175
10th June 164
17th June 171
24th June 188
1st July 157
8th July 118
15th July 127
22nd July 144
29th July 127
5th August 118
12th August 190

It's not yet TNA on Challenge heights. Although there's a decade of changing viewer habits since then.

Jesus, calm down Tone

20 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Be some reaction if he does win and then Theory cashes in successfully

And a great way to completely undercut how massive beating Reigns for the belt is. Aside from a DQ Loss to Rollins at the Royale Rumble back in January, Reigns hasn’t been beaten since December 15th 2019 when he was pinned by King Corbin at TLC 2019. Nearly 3 years (and a global pandemic) since he was last pinned, and even then it took interference from Dolph Ziggler and FTR to get the job done, fuck knows how long it’s been since he was beaten clean.

Drew beating Reigns for the belt is the big ending, not a plot point in putting the belt on a nonce

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

They'd be moronic not to put the belt on Drew next Saturday, surely? I love Roman but you can't push Drew this hard, and not pull the trigger. Fuck Cody, Put the belt on Drew!

Brock Lesnar with a fucking forklift couldn't beat reigns, Drew harnessing the hometown crowd in not his home country won't do it, I'm fully on board the Zayn train though.

Edited by poetofthedeed

22 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

A universal title change would be a massive talking point in the pro westling world and with Trips been a bit more brave with the booking you never know 

Be some reaction if he does win and then Theory cashes in successfully

How is he more brave with the booking? Everyone who had a belt at SummerSlam still has it.