Interactions with other wrestling fans

CL Punk

They say if you've never had a bad interaction with a wrestling fan then it's you that's 'that guy!'

That being said, also had a fond memory of the guy handing out chocolate bourbon biscuits at the first UK ROH show. A bit random, but a kind gesture. 

1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I’ll never forget the first time I bumped into a fan out in the wild. He was wearing a ‘Raw is War’ baseball cap so the obvious ice-breaker was asking him who his favourite wrestlers were and I’ll never forget his response;

“I’m a fan of Mark Calaway and Glenn Jacobs”

then after a brief pause and in a condescending tone;

”but YOU might know them as The Undertaker and Kane”

fucking cringe!

So… which of you lot was it?

Similar to this one, the first time NXT were over here we heard a guy talking about how much he loved Kevin Steen. Not Kevin Owens, no no no, because “I don’t refer to people by their slave names”

Clearly no issue with giving WWE his money though

3 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I’ll never forget the first time I bumped into a fan out in the wild. He was wearing a ‘Raw is War’ baseball cap so the obvious ice-breaker was asking him who his favourite wrestlers were and I’ll never forget his response;

“I’m a fan of Mark Calaway and Glenn Jacobs”

then after a brief pause and in a condescending tone;

”but YOU might know them as The Undertaker and Kane”

fucking cringe!

So… which of you lot was it?

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I met the 'WWE Superman' whilst we made those comedy videos at PCW and he even introduced himself to SCOTT STEINER that way at a Q&A. He wore a Superman outfit. 

'Hi Scott, I'm the WWE Superfan, you may have heard of me.'

I still think about that and watching from way back up of the room near backstage, hearing that and just FUCKING DYING INSIDE. 

Edited by Chili

If they're wearing a wrestling or metal shirt then I try to avoid eye contact at all costs, especially if I'm wearing one too. I just know it's going to be an awkward situation otherwise, moreso with the metalheads as it's always "do ya like so and so" and I'm dying inside trying not to say no, they're fucking shit.

If it's a Burzum shirt I may let my disgust be known with a dirty look..

Edited by Merzbow

I've got mates who I discovered were wrestling fans after we'd been friends for a while and they're all stable human beings even though they only wear black t-shirts.

Wrestling fans at events, fucking hell. You get the usual "Don't call them by their slave names" wallys and those that sit and chunter at you, their unwilling seat neighbour, instead of actually reacting to the match but my all time favourite was the lad at a small HOPE show who literally stood up out of his seat, walked across the entrance way and started shouting at the heels as they were coming in IN A FOGHORN LEGHORN VOICE. He literally said "I say boy" at least twice. I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

my all time favourite was the lad at a small HOPE show who literally stood up out of his seat, walked across the entrance way and started shouting at the heels as they were coming in IN A FOGHORN LEGHORN VOICE. He literally said "I say boy" at least twice. I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

this sounds fucking great, to be fair.

I own way too many wrestling shirts, so if I'm in a t-shirt while out and about it's pretty even odds whether it's a wrestling shirt or a band shirt (not all of them are black, though!), but I can't think of too many interactions with that sort of wrestling fan in the wild. At shows, though, fucking hell. 

Probably my least favourite was a guy sat in front of me at a CHIKARA show, who spent an entire match telling the guy next to him about other matches he'd seen one of the wrestlers in. He's in a match now. Right in front of you. Maybe focus on that one instead? Any variation of that kind of fan who feels the need to be the smartest guy in the room all the time - whether it's through Not Using Slave Names, starting shit chants or heckles that rely on knowing what a wrestler Tweeted about last week, or a match they had in a different promotion two years ago, any of that shit.

I was working a Meet & Greet once, and a bloke was just trying to talk to every wrestler he could, not about them or the show he'd just seen them wrestle on, but about deathmatch wrestling and how much better than WWE it was. To a bunch of blokes straight from the holiday camp circuit. I'm convinced he only bought tickets because it gave him a chance to have that conversation with an actual human being for once in his life.