Interactions with other wrestling fans

CL Punk

What some people fail to understand is that for whatever reason, wrestling tends to have a wide fan base in those with various forms of  autism and other learning  learning difficulties. Many of these fans love attending live shows and conventions.  My point being is that it's quite easy to group all these people together as simply "weirdos" when they are just people who may not have the same kind of social skills that you've developed and are just enjoying a bit of escapism. 

Show a bit of kindness next time you're out there in the real world, not every wrestling fan has been blessed with the superior genes and social skills as those of us who use the UKFF.

Edited by Bohan

There’s more to this contempt for wrestling fans than people are admitting here.

Brock Lesnar Guy and his mates have been called every derogatory name you can imagine on here for almost an entire decade, their only crimes being getting good seats and enjoying the shows.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, dopper said:

There’s more to this contempt for wrestling fans than people are admitting here.

Brock Lesnar Guy and his mates have been called every derogatory name you can imagine on here for almost an entire decade, their only crimes being getting good seats and enjoying the shows.

I think, like with so many things, it's a bit of one thing, and a bit of another. 

Bohan makes a good point about people with social anxiety/awkwardness, and there absolutely has to be some latitude given for that, especially if they're not really imposing on anyone else. Certainly a large part of the contempt is a lack of charity on some people's part - wrestling fandom, like any body of people, isn't a monolithic whole.

That said:

becky-lynch-body-building.jpg?q=50&fit=c

When you particularly take into account everything that's come to the fore in the last few years regarding what women in general have had to put up with across the board, and not just in wrestling, it's understandable that people's view of fandoms, and wrestling fandom in particular, might now have moved from seeing them as harmless oddballs to full-on bike-saddle sniffers, even if that view is being unfairly applied to the entirety.

1 hour ago, dopper said:

That is far from their only crime. The reason they get so much shit is because they're trying to get themselves over on TV and become "famous". Why would Brock Lesnar Guy wear the exact same shirt that he wore when he was first shown on TV to every single show he goes to if he's only there to enjoy himself? Why would Frank The Clown wear a fucking rainbow wig and paint half his face with clown make up at every show he goes to if he's only there to enjoy himself? If it's not for the attention then he wouldn't have had a meltdown on Twitter when WWE.com didn't include him in a 'Top Ten Super Fans' countdown they did.

They care more about the camera catching a shot of their face and getting their 'brand' over than actually watching and enjoying the wrestling show. They're just rich, attention seeking losers.

3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

They care more about the camera catching a shot of their face and getting their 'brand' over than actually watching and enjoying the wrestling show. They're just rich, attention seeking losers.

Not everyone's daddy can buy them a wrestling promotion, I guess.

Edited by CL Punk

6 hours ago, Bohan said:

What some people fail to understand is that for whatever reason, wrestling tends to have a wide fan base in those with various forms of  autism and other learning  learning difficulties. Many of these fans love attending live shows and conventions.  My point being is that it's quite easy to group all these people together as simply "weirdos" when they are just people who may not have the same kind of social skills that you've developed and are just enjoying a bit of escapism. 

Show a bit of kindness next time you're out there in the real world, not every wrestling fan has been blessed with the superior genes and social skills as those of us who use the UKFF.

While standing in the queue to meet Mick Foley at Tyne Theatre a few years ago, there was a young adult behind me (who was quite possibly autistic) and he said "you look like Ric Flair" which made me laugh as the only thing I had in common with The Nature Boy was the shoulder length dyed blonde hair I had at the time but he was alright and all I said back was "thank you".

Edited by CL Punk

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Why would Frank The Clown wear a fucking rainbow wig and paint half his face with clown make up at every show he goes to if he's only there to enjoy himself? If it's not for the attention then he wouldn't have had a meltdown on Twitter when WWE.com didn't include him in a 'Top Ten Super Fans' countdown they did.

He was once taking bookings to be a fan in the audience of indie shows. I can imagine a couple of people asked him for a photo at a WWE show and he got it in his head he was bigger than even he thought he was and had to to get his face out there more. 

Or Foley got the idea in his head about taking bookings. For a cut of his fee of course. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, JohnKringler said:

The ones with long finger nails, wear a Bayley shirt which is stained, and go on about how their underused, are the ones I steer clear of and warn women about. 

12 hours ago, JohnKringler said:

Point at the weirdos who don't look at you in the eye, and are wearing women wrestlers shirts. To be fair, the women smell them a mile away.

Maybe their sense of smell is spot on but I’d still recommend investment in a decent pepper spray from the sounds of it.