Daffney passes away

Callum1993

From the Shimmer Wrestling Twitter account about WCW and TNA alumni Daffney:

We are very sad to have to announce the passing of Shannon Spruill aka Daffney Unger @screamqueendaff.  We are posting this at the request of her family.  Please respect their privacy at this trying time.  
I will miss you my logical sister from another mister."
-Lexie Fyfe

Very sad news. Been lots of stuff on Twitter all day with people being concerned for her welfare

• Paid Members

Horrible news. She was clearly not in a good place on an Instagram live yesterday apparently which caused a fair bit of panic from fellow wrestlers and fans alike. While I never saw WCW until much later, I'm not at all ashamed to say that after seeing a pic of her in one of the old wrestling magazines, I immediately fancied the fuck out of her. Later on, I enjoyed her appearances in TNA. RIP Scream Queen. 

• Paid Members

She certainly stood out from the crowd. She was hard done by in TNA with the injuries from the Rosie Lottalove match. I did see she was live on Instagram yesterday. What a terrible shame. She can't have been that old either. In her 40s?

Absolutely heartbreaking to hear the passing of Daffney. I had the pleasure of meeting her at my first ever wrestling convention and I found her to have a lovely, bubbly personality and so down to earth.

Following the last 24 hours or so has been agonising as I was hoping for news that she was found alive but alas it wasn't to be.

Thinking of her friends and family at this. At least she's no longer in pain. 

Edited by LSM

Awful news and I want to skirt around all the horrible reality of it. Anyway, I love watching WCW 2000 for the perverse enjoyment of it. But, I swear, the Daffney, David Flair, Crowbar act was actually really fun. A massive horrid shame this.

Edited by Chili

I read the post on Facebook before about her Instagram live last night and how everyone was worried about her but this is horrific to hear she took her own life. 

Weather you were a fan growing up or not hearing the news anyone has been in such a bad place they felt the only way out was to kill themselves is fucking heartbreaking.

R.I.P daffney I hope your now at peace 

Horrific news, was hoping and praying with all my being that her loved ones and the authorities got to her in time but it appears to not be so

The trio of her, David Flair and Crowbar were terrific entertainment in the latter months of WCW and had a fondness for her Impact partnership with Stevie Richards and Abyss

Without wanting to bring the thread down, I hope the shithouse who shared the heartbreaking IG live video of her all over Twitter is feeling immense guilt right now but I somehow doubt it

• Paid Members

Blimey. I loved WCW even when it was shit and the Daffney/Crowbar/Flair stuff was really fun in a sea of shit. Always hated how TNA fucked her over as well. Very sad. R.I.P