Daffney passes away

Callum1993

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, DCW said:

Very sad. What was she saying on instagram yesterday?

From what I'd read this morning that she was alone & depressed and she was clearly upset and unwell.

Some arsehole still has it up on twitter, but I'm not watching it and just hit report.

Such tragic news, I woke up and browsed twitter this morning and I saw Mick Foley saying he was only getting her voice mail and urging everyone to try and contact her

Loads of wrestlers as well had similar messages.

Last I heard before work was that someone was at her apartment but couldnt get in and her Parents where involved in tracking her down

Then the news before this evening and its heartbreaking

I unfortunately saw the video during all the messages this morning, not truly aware of what I was watching and she had what appeared to be gun in her hands in the video

Such sad news that nobdoy could reach her in time.

RIP

Awful news, and an awful way to go. 

Whatever caused that situation to unfurl, we can never be sure. 

Woke up this morning to see loads of welfare message checks reported, but panic because she'd not long moved. 

I'd hoped amongst hope someone would have got there in time. 

For UK peeps remember that 116123, Samaritans is a thing, and that other places and spaces to talk are available if you want to talk about things

RIP xx

Just did a quick youtube search to try and find some of her fun WCW skits (the one where they find Crowbar has a gloriously daft Natural Born Killers vibe) but unfortunately it's just loads of new uploaded videos from arseholes, with the IG post, a screengrab of a severely depressed person, but with nice artwork on their screengrabs, ya know, differentiate. 

Just fancy punching the internet after that. Weird fucking ghouls. 

I thought Daffney, Crowbar and David Flair were a great little act whenever they appeared on Channel 5's Worldwide. I have a soft spot for that show anyway, but they were a very entertaining midcard act. Daffney was very watchable, not just because of her look and character, but because she was clearly enjoying herself and that just made for a fun time as a viewer. I don't really know enough about the rest of her career, but she never seemed to be afraid to not take herself seriously. Its also pretty telling of her attitude that she went from learning to lock up while at WCW to becoming a mentor for women on the independent scene. 

Selfishly, having gone through a bad mental health patch recently (too suicidal for one mental health service, not suicidal enough for another) it's both crushing and oddly heartwarming to see the outpouring of love for her. It's crushing that maybe it wasn't enough or maybe she didn't realise, but I also think that one of the most horrible thoughts you can have when considering suicide is that people might not even care or notice that you're gone. I hope she didn't think that, but if she did I hope there's some solace for those left behind to know that people did care. 

I'm another who was introduced to Daffney watching WCW on Channel 5 in the early 2000s. I thought she was great and always hoped she would be on the show. Really was ahead of her time with her look and character.

Hers is such a sad story, when you think about it. Reminds me a lot of Kanyon, in a way. Both were talented, well liked, did whatever they could to help others and loved the business but ultimately ended up struggling with depression due to the very business that they loved. 

RIP Daffney. 

12 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

I unfortunately saw the video during all the messages this morning, not truly aware of what I was watching and she had what appeared to be gun in her hands in the video

I saw (or rather, heard) part of it for similar reasons. High-profile wrestlers replying to the tweet and Twitter autoplay saw to that. It didn't take me long to twig what was it was, and I quickly closed the tab, it was incredibly upsetting, and as someone who has dealt with depression in the past I found even a few seconds of it incredibly triggering. Whoever posted it needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. It's sick, easy to stumble upon and potentially harmful. 

I didn't see much of her career, but that doesn't matter, the circumstances surrounding this are just tragic. The thought of anyone dying feeling so alone or unhappy is so fucking heart-breaking.