Best music from computer games

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Rob Hubbard put out some great tunes using the SID chip on the C64. Jonathan Dunn and Martin Galway's Ocean Loaders as well. I used to have one of them as my ringtone years ago.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Moderators

Chubby Gristle on the speccy always got stuck in my head

Not really a theme but Eddie Money's Two Tickets To Paradise can't be beat while cruising around San Andreas

Also cannot beat the entire Donkey Kong Country sound track

Edited by neil

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Waiting for @JNListerto put up the Hypergames on the Beeb Micro 

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread but sadly the YouTube video has disappeared and only the inferior Commodore 64 version is available.

2nd best of the 80s/90s is of course:

Terra's theme in Final Fantasy VI gets me every time. The second this hits in the opening sequence, I'm ready for this brilliant game. I've no idea why Square Enix hasn't ported this game to current gen consoles, it's aged far better than some of its successors. 

And talking of tremendous intro music...

• Paid Members

Fuck me, can't believe I forgot the Monkey Island theme. Not just a great game theme but just an absolutely lovely piece of music.

The beat in this bad boy always gets me pumped.

This haunting number left an impression on me as a kid.

I always love the village themes in Zelda games but this is my favourite I think.

Sonic Adventure is a deeply flawed game that I love anyway. The soundtrack as a whole is banging but I especially love this extremely relaxing number.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
On 8/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

This reminded me of one of my favourite themes, which was Akuma's/Gouki's theme on the Dreamcast version of Capcom vs. SNK 1:

From the secret PS1 Doom level. PS1 Doom is the best Doom, the vast majority of the songs are these great bits of dark ambient that make the game feel more like a survival horror and then this club banger out of nowhere..

Hot take but the midi metal songs on PC are shite.

Edited by Merzbow