Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

Ticked Chili Peppers off the bucket list tonight.

I was a bit sceptical going in as I’ve not listened to them properly in 20 years, but they were the first band that got me into guitar music so thought I’d get it done. Especially now they’ve got John Frusciante back (who I do love).

Fortunately, they were superb. They’re not going to win over the (many) people who utterly hate them, but they’re tight as you like and incredible musicians. Slightly heavier live, too.

56 minutes ago, choccygirl said:

Not sure if this is the best place for this (mods please move if needed).

A friend has two tickets for Guns n’ Roses for sale this Friday at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Face value around £115 each but open to offers, just doesn’t want them to go to waste.

Could try in “Classified”. Find a Facebook page for the event and post it in there, that’s a good way of getting them sold. 

1 hour ago, choccygirl said:

Not sure if this is the best place for this (mods please move if needed).

A friend has two tickets for Guns n’ Roses for sale this Friday at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Face value around £115 each but open to offers, just doesn’t want them to go to waste.

Welcome to the jungle, weve got Son and Kane. 

32 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Off to see Alabama 3 in July, looking forward to it. Seen them previously and enjoyed it.

Between 98-2007 I saw than more times than I can remember, used to be phenomenal live, then children curbed my obsession and I've only seen them twice since then at family friendly festivals, I'll be interested to hear how it works live without D Wayne, obviously he didn't really contribute that much musically but was focal to the live performance. They've all got the tunes and Larry and Orlando and great obviously but without the big man it might seem weird. 

On 6/28/2022 at 8:43 PM, Harry Wiseau said:

Between 98-2007 I saw than more times than I can remember, used to be phenomenal live, then children curbed my obsession and I've only seen them twice since then at family friendly festivals, I'll be interested to hear how it works live without D Wayne, obviously he didn't really contribute that much musically but was focal to the live performance. They've all got the tunes and Larry and Orlando and great obviously but without the big man it might seem weird. 

Yeah I must admit I am intrigued to see them without D Wayne, I am hoping they dedicate a section of the set to him.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

has anyone been to a recent Guns N' Roses show? i've seen nothing but disastrous reviews online 😦

I went to the Friday show at Tottenhams ground. They had soundcheck issues and the doors opened late because of them. The sound was awful for the first six or so songs. But they got it fixed. People down the front couldn’t hear the guitars. Axls voice was a bit bad. But he got better on night 2 when he started doing the lower vocals even during the higher pitched songs. They cut the sets short both nights. Second night even less than the first so they got shafted. 

It was still better than when they played the o2 about 10 years ago which was a massive disaster.