The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I was convinced Michael Owen was going to smash the record and never be beaten, until A) his legs stopped working and B) everyone realised that he's not a very good footballer and just had a bit of pace and could finish

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I was convinced Michael Owen was going to smash the record and never be beaten, until A) his legs stopped working and B) everyone realised that he's not a very good footballer and just had a bit of pace and could finish

Me too. That Russia qualifier under McLaren where he netted his last two, even, I was convinced he was unstoppable. Fabio knew he was knackered though.

That game contributes to one of my favourite little bare facts without context, ever -

England 1-5 Germany, undoubtedly the highlight of the Eriksen reign? Heskey played.

England 3-0 Russia, the highlight of the McLaren reign where Owen found his boots and qualification was still on the cards? Heskey played.

Croatia 1-4 England, the highlight of Fabio's reign, Walcott's hat trick and exorcizing the ghosts of Wembley? Heskey played. 

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Heskey has six children. Maybe one of them needs to go into Love Island and assist Owen's daughter.

Poor bastard doesnt need to see his team AND his daughter screwed in such a short amount of time.

I love Heskey, he’s a fellow super breeder and is generally underrated but he only really excelled at being the fit girls less glamorous best friend. Looked like he had Drogba style potential early doors at Leicester though.

Against my better judgement I had a look at the Daily Mail site last night.

They were bemoaning the "woke" coverage Channel 4 provided for the England game but only covered online complaints rather than providing and evidence.

Did anyone watch it and if so was there an issue?

1 hour ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Against my better judgement I had a look at the Daily Mail site last night.

They were bemoaning the "woke" coverage Channel 4 provided for the England game but only covered online complaints rather than providing and evidence.

Did anyone watch it and if so was there an issue?

I'm assuming by woke they mean that a woman was fronting the show.

Either that or Le Saux commentating. Bloody Grauniad reading bastard.

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Le Saux may affect the tones of a well educated man, but if you listen carefully to what he says, it becomes apparent very quickly that he’s a complete dolt.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Probably just because Channel 4 is publicly funded, not for profit and tends to try and remain impartial in its news coverage. 

• Paid Members

Not domestic, but some interesting changes the wonderful Dutch are putting in place, some of which I'd like to see over here. 

Fog Dude will have kittens reading this. 

Love the idea of kick-ins. Throw-ins are such a fucking abomination, I can't believe they still exist. Dribbling from free kicks is also interesting. 

My friend pointed out- what happens if your keeper is booked? All man rush??