The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

That could've gone towards an old Cameroon shirt or something.

There's one big problem in making this announcement. Clubs will know Spurs are in the money and pull their pants down over transfer fees.

13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

That could've gone towards an old Cameroon shirt or something.

Went halves with a mate, £25 sadly wouldn't even get me the shorts from the all in one Cameroon kit I want.

Excited to see how we fuck this up though!

23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Went halves with a mate, £25 sadly wouldn't even get me the shorts from the all in one Cameroon kit I want.

Excited to see how we fuck this up though!

I imagine you’ll do what Spurs always do with whatever money they have. You’ll buy some good players, buy some shit players but ultimately you’ll be left with a squad that’s not good enough to challenge for a league. What are the two loanees gonna set you back? That’s probably half your spend there. 

• Paid Members

@METAL ON METALany thoughts on where Burge and Willis will end up after you let them go? Staying at League 1 Level or potentially having to drop a league to rebuild?

Burge got super unlucky with the heart issues he had post Covid but you did look stronger once he was moved out the number 1 spot. But he's a local lad here so I hope he finds his feet with a club soon.

5 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

@METAL ON METALany thoughts on where Burge and Willis will end up after you let them go? Staying at League 1 Level or potentially having to drop a league to rebuild?

Burge got super unlucky with the heart issues he had post Covid but you did look stronger once he was moved out the number 1 spot. But he's a local lad here so I hope he finds his feet with a club soon.

Burge is a solid League One keeper and I don’t think will struggle at all to find a club at that level, got too many mistakes in him to be consistent at a higher level though.

Willis has been super unlucky with injuries, ruptured his patella and the surgeons did a botched job that caused it to rupture again soon after. So he hasn’t kicked a ball in over a year. Such a shame as when he did play he was head and shoulders above any defender in the league, way too good to have dropped down to come to us initially. I think I read that his timeline to return is in August, he was on the pitch during the promotion celebrations last week and is a big character in the dressing room.

I could definitely see him finding a League One club on a one year deal to prove his fitness - but if he hasn’t lost a step, he will definitely end up back in the Championship eventually.

• Paid Members

Much as I’d love those 2 points dropped at home to Spurs to cost Liverpool not just the title but ultimately the much-ballyhooed quadruple, I still would prefer Real to batter them tonight. Insufferable gobshites.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Much as I’d love those 2 points dropped at home to Spurs to cost Liverpool not just the title but ultimately the much-ballyhooed quadruple, I still would prefer Real to batter them tonight. Insufferable gobshites.

I hope Real Madrid batter them tonight so we don't have to deal with 500 orders a day from them at work this coming week. 

I don't think a team is going to do the quadruple. They'd need a heck of a squad, with 2 players of equal calibre for each position, and for them to stay fit all season just to be able to deal with the potential volume of fixtures. 

• Paid Members

Haven't 70,000 of them gone over and they've only got a 10,000 ticket allocation for the stadium? I hope it pisses down. 

• Paid Members

This is a tough one. On one hand, Liverpool fans. On the other hand, that cunt Perez. Fans aside, there isn't much to dislike about this Liverpool side and manager. I normally root against the English teams in Europe by default, but I think I'm going to have to go against that this time as it's Real Madrid.

• Paid Members

Exactly, Paris will have loads of fan parks set up for the travelling fans without tickets. 

It's mad that the two finalists get 20,000 ticket allocation between team. Absolute bullshit. This is their final, not some Gazprom cunts.