The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

4 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Wembley is fucking shit

Disagree.

Had one of the best weekends of my life down there with 50,000 other Sunderland fans. From Fridays taking over of Trafalgar Square, to the euphoric goal celebrations and seeing my club win its first game (in front of fans) at Wembley in 49 years. Never saw a single fight or negative incident the entire weekend, plus every Wycombe fan I met were friendly and good-natured. It was just so special and incredible to see our entire fan base back on the same page and the club feeling organised again after so many years of mismanagement and lows that we weren’t sure we’d ever recover from.

Even the 5 hour drive back was absolute bliss. Bring on a couple of years of Championship mid table mediocrity before we try to push on.

I fucking love Alex Neil.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

The highlight was probably a pint in the Wetherspoons on the M40 services.

A truly dreadful day out all round then. 

13 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Disagree.

Had one of the best weekends of my life down there with 50,000 other Sunderland fans. From Fridays taking over of Trafalgar Square, to the euphoric goal celebrations and seeing my club win its first game (in front of fans) at Wembley in 49 years. Never saw a single fight or negative incident the entire weekend, plus every Wycombe fan I met were friendly and good-natured. It was just so special and incredible to see our entire fan base back on the same page and the club feeling organised again after so many years of mismanagement and lows that we weren’t sure we’d ever recover from.

Even the 5 hour drive back was absolute bliss. Bring on a couple of years of Championship mid table mediocrity before we try to push on.

I fucking love Alex Neil.

How did Dennis Cirkin do this season? There were high hopes for him at Spurs at one point.

1 hour ago, Duke said:

Trying to wrap my brain around a trip to a wetherspoons being a highlight any day.

Thoughts and prayers, butchi, thoughts and prayers 

Actually I did quite enjoy booing God Save The Queen with 24,000 others. That was probably the highlight.

1 hour ago, Butch2000 said:

Actually I did quite enjoy booing God Save The Queen with 24,000 others. That was probably the highlight.

I bet like most things, Liverpool will follow Wrexhams lead and make out they did it first. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Butch2000 said:

Bet you wouldn't boo it if she were a man.

11 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

How did Dennis Cirkin do this season? There were high hopes for him at Spurs at one point.

Took him a little while to adapt to the league (not unexpected considering it was his first professional season and Lee Johnson had no clue how to organise a defence), was starting to find his groove then unfortunately got a double hernia and I believe his Dad passed away soon after. Alex Neil coming in and making us defensively sound definitely helped improve Cirkin’s game.

He looked a bit suspect in the first half on Saturday, but he improved as the game went on. There’s definitely a player in there (especially going forward overlapping the winger) and he’ll only continue to get better, it’s easy to forget he’s only just turned 20. Hopefully he’ll have a productive summer and come back even more improved.