The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Could've said that for the past few seasons too. I don't think he's given enough opportunities, which is surprising given how much Chelsea wanted to keep him when Bayern were sniffing him out. Since then, a few players have leapfrogged him into England contention so it's no wonder he's looking to switch to Ghana. 

Definitely. I actually meant to say that saying that is contractually obliged for Chelsea fans at this point.

• Paid Members

Player of the season: Ruben Neves, been instrumental this season and looking sadly like it's his last in Old Gold before Barcelona come calling (by all accounts) He's had moments where he truly ran the game (United away a good example) gonna miss him. Would have been Kilman but the injury ruined his season, the future of English centre halves is strong, Kilman, White, Tomori, Guehi, just need to sod Slab head off.

Goal of the season: Ruben Neves Vs Watford

https://youtu.be/m8FI2mOe_jY

So used to seeing him hit them from 25 yards and go in, this displayed a different dimension to his play.

Best performance: Probably Man Utd away, but the Watford game showed we can play some amazing football. 

Worst performance: Brighton at home, the day our season ended, as clearly most of the players were already wondering what beach to sit on next week.

Worst player: Trincao, hasn't found his feet in English football. Shame as I do think there's a cracking player in there somewhere. Would have been Adama but he fucked off to warm a bench in Spain, to prove to every Wolves fan  his mediocrity and limitations. They still won't have to it though because "he gets bums of seats" not mine he doesn't.

One to watch: Chiquinho, Traore with an end product. Looks a belting player. Toti at centre half looks decent too.

Highlight: 2-0 down to Villa and we win 2-3 with Coady scoring and Neves winning it in the last minute, amazing moment.

What a mad ride that was. The better it got for us the more disgusting I felt. When City got the third goal I just wound up being grateful my body returned to some semblance of normality. Thank fuck we won the game and there was nothing we could do. 

• Paid Members

City with a late comeback to get a 3-2 win on the last day of the season? Again? Madness.

My mates and I wonder how much influence David Raya had in that Brentford result to send Burnley down. 

25 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Incredible final day of the season. MOTD is appointment viewing tonight. 

Also find it very funny that our two last games of the season practically denied Arsenal top four and relegated Burnley. 

I'm actually loving it. Horrible club with horrible racist fans. Remember when their fans flew a plane trying to denounce Black Lives Matter. Mugs.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, stewdogg said:

I'm actually loving it. Horrible club with horrible racist fans. Remember when their fans flew a plane trying to denounce Black Lives Matter. Mugs.

They might be in more trouble as well, appare tly the £65m loan the owners took out to buy the club needs paying back sooner now that they've been relegated. That'll probably mean they'll at the very least lose the parachute payment, if not more money to try and get that cleared. They might even have to cash in on a few kore of their players as well. They're in deep doodoo now. I know it's the filthy Dingles, but this isn't a nice thing to happen to them. 

• Paid Members

I see Robin Olson was injured by invading City fans today. That's only three incidents over the past week. 

This is only going to get worse unless it's addressed immediately. 

• Paid Members

Definitely. It's an awful state of affairs for the game.