The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Fulham and Bournemouth can fuck off though. There really should be a rule that says if you go down you can't come back up for 5 years as those two teams are the absolute drizzling shits every time they come up*

*Bookmark this for when they inevitably beat us.

Without being pedantic this is the 1st time Bournemouth have actually come back up isnt it?

They got promoted and then spent 5-6 years in the Prem and from what I remember seemed to preform fairly well for a team with a lowish budget and were actually enjoyable to watch on the whole

They went down Covid interrupted season and lost in the playoffs last season.

Fulham though agree 100%

47 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Without being pedantic this is the 1st time Bournemouth have actually come back up isnt it?

They got promoted and then spent 5-6 years in the Prem and from what I remember seemed to preform fairly well for a team with a lowish budget and were actually enjoyable to watch on the whole

They went down Covid interrupted season and lost in the playoffs last season.

Fulham though agree 100%

Bournemouth, Fulham, Norwich, they're all the same... :) 

• Paid Members

Forest are one of those teams who feel like they should be in the premier league given the club's history.  I can't imagine they'll be recapturing the glory days of the early 80s anytime soon, but I do hope they manage to make a decent go of it and manage to stay up for a good few years.

5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Forest are one of those teams who feel like they should be in the premier league given the club's history

Nah, their history included relegation as well. 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:56 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I haven’t checked in on Forest for a few years, is Pierre Van Hooijdonk still on strike?

No, but Steve Hodge has called it a day after flogging his Maradona shirt.

11 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

They remind me of Coventry. Smelly midland fucks.possibly on the register.

Top flight is better rid.

They’re the kind of small time shitehawks who win fuck all and still bottle it in playoffs despite all that Hollywood money. 

As I've said before I work in a pub in the centre of Manchester and work every Saturday morning and afternoon.

Second week of the season just gone, we had a massive crowd of Wrexham fans come in on their way to Stockport away. Rudest, most obnoxious set of fans I've come across in 20 years working in this city, to the point where any of the goodwill I had from the feel good story of their take over and the general feeling on here was pissed away in the space of 3 hours. To put it in context this was the week after United/Leeds at Old Trafford, a day we were breaking up fights at 9.15am.

Watching that lot snatch failure from the jaws of glory has given me a guilty sense of satisfaction. 

• Paid Members
On 5/30/2022 at 6:34 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Forest are one of those teams who feel like they should be in the premier league given the club's history.

To be fair, I’m happy they’re back in the Premier League given their history. I know saying they should be in the top flight just because I grew up with them seemingly winning the Milk/Littlewoods Cup by default and because they retained the European Cup before I was even born is akin to saying “Lads, Hogan should still be on top”…. but there are some teams regardless of club sentiment or rivalries that I always feel my “first draft” top flight. The current top six, Everton and Villa, Leeds, West Ham… Forest.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, BrodyGraham said:

As I've said before I work in a pub in the centre of Manchester and work every Saturday morning and afternoon.

Second week of the season just gone, we had a massive crowd of Wrexham fans come in on their way to Stockport away. Rudest, most obnoxious set of fans I've come across in 20 years working in this city, to the point where any of the goodwill I had from the feel good story of their take over and the general feeling on here was pissed away in the space of 3 hours. To put it in context this was the week after United/Leeds at Old Trafford, a day we were breaking up fights at 9.15am.

Watching that lot snatch failure from the jaws of glory has given me a guilty sense of satisfaction. 

The "babyline" are scum. Unfortunately this season we've had a massive rise in cunt kids in masks, hoods and balaclavas kicking off at  games. They couldn't point out Joey Jones or Mickey Thomas from a police line up. 

Most of us older fans have been chuffed when they got linings at Notts County and Grimsby.

Sorry you had to deal with the mouthy cunts.

Very much about as Welsh as Vinnie Jones (great-grandparents on Mum's side) but hope that they beat Ukraine today. Can't imagine how the Welsh on the board are feeling. Pooing constantly I assume.

Ukraine qualifying would also be great of course, but I'd love to see Gaz lead Wales out at a World Cup. That would trump anything else he's achieved for him wouldn't it?

On ITV, or for the full Welsh experience, also on S4C.