The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah I thought that was a decent final. Wouldn't have thought of calling it boring at all. 

I guess I was just expecting a few more goals considering the goalfests that got both teams to there. Finals are rarely like that tbf and nothing was getting past Courtois last night. One yellow though? Madrid are missing Pepe and Ramos. 

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, stumobir said:

Madrid are missing Pepe and Ramos

Pepe left Real 5 years ago! Ramos barely played for them last season. I'd say they're doing pretty well without them. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Pepe left Real 5 years ago! Ramos barely played for them last season. I'd say they're doing pretty well without them. 

Yeah, I wasn’t being serious.

• Paid Members

All rivalries aside I thought it was a really good final. Both teams showed ridiculous quality at times. Valverde though, he had the game of his life. No wonder he got a standing ovation when he came off. 

Valverde, Carvajal and above all else Courtois were the difference makers for them. Shame the thing was marred by shoddy organisation and police tear gassing children (maybe they were pissed up and ticketless) but as always that’ll be Liverpool’s fault.

Can’t really argue with Don Carlo being classed as the GOAT though, you could argue he should have done better at Everton but they’re an anomaly. Even Rafa couldn’t succeed there.

• Paid Members

Absolutely ecstatic. Forest were very, very lucky - shit reffing and a nice deflection for the goal, but I'll take it. My first memory is going to school the day after Forest got twatted 8-1 by Ole's Man Utd, so it'll be nice to see how they get on this season.

• Paid Members

Great to see them back in the top flight. I have fond memories of making a Nottingham Forest poster to hang up in my window for the 91 Cup final, because you're never too young to be bitter. 

My first away trip was as a 10yo to Forest, and being really perplexed that all the fans were pretending to be airplanes and singing the Dambusters song, until it was pointed out to me why.

Despite that, happy to see them back.

Fulham and Bournemouth can fuck off though. There really should be a rule that says if you go down you can't come back up for 5 years as those two teams are the absolute drizzling shits every time they come up*

*Bookmark this for when they inevitably beat us.