Wrestlemania Backlash was last night

Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

The only thing I can say about that Zombies part, is apparently Scotty 2 Hotty played one of the zombies. Just dreadful.

Well, they have been eaten by worms after all.

I'm not every sorry. 

Add me to the list of people who had no idea this was happening last night.

I was hoping they would try and make the PPV's a bit more special and have them in front of fans while keeping the thunderdome for TV, not sure what the reason is why they can't as UFC have ran two sell out arena shows over the past month or so.

Might try and watch the WWEUniversal title matches at some point, won't be rushing back tonight to watch them though.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

They've actually become their own 2K game, haven't they. 

Is this the real reason they released Joe? He wouldn't let them give him a robot hand? 

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

The only thing I can say about that Zombies part, is apparently Scotty 2 Hotty played one of the zombies. Just dreadful.

I think I'd have enjoyed it on some level if the zombies were all old midcard/lower midcard wrestlers that you don't actually see anymore - zombie Steve Blackman, zombie Luther Reigns, zombie Ted Dibiase jr, zombie Sylvain Grenier etc. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I think I'd have enjoyed it on some level if the zombies were all old midcard/lower midcard wrestlers that you don't actually see anymore - zombie Steve Blackman, zombie Luther Reigns, zombie Ted Dibiase jr, zombie Sylvain Grenier etc. 

Zom-boys, to coin a phrase... 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Perry said:

Interest in the product must be at an all time low.

Next time I'll show any interest will be when SummerSlam is on the horizon. 

Dare I say that therein lies the problem?

They can get away with presenting such shite because they know that so many will give them chance after chance. "It'll be better by Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania/Summerslam season." (Delete as applicable).

Edited by garynysmon

12 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Dare I say that therein lies the problem?

They can get away with presenting such shite because they know that so many will give them chance after chance. "It'll be better by Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania/Summerslam season." (Delete as applicable).

To be fair, I would argue that Smackdown is about as strong a show as WWE has broadcast in a long, long time. Roman Reigns being outstandingly good helps, but it's not just about him - the show has a roster of interesting wrestlers (and Dolph Ziggler, and Baron Corbin) and is a very easy watch. 

Raw is utterly abysmal though, I don't even bother reading show recaps these days. 

• Paid Members

With this zombie thing you know there's only going to be more and more of that shite going forward. The new President Nick Khan is a Hollywood guy and is basically restructuring the company from being a bad wrestling promotion pretending it's a good entertainment company into a content creator/advertising media platform.

I enjoyed the main event. Glad they let Cesaro get a fair crack. Wasn't too fond of the Rollins stuff.

The rest.. I dunno. I fell asleep at least 5 times and that was probably the most enjoyable parts. Honestly thought I'd had some fucked up dream about the zombies stuff but nope.

It was goofy harmless shit to promote a movie, we all grew up on the company having gimmicks such as a voodoo priest, a binman, a guy with a baseball painted on his face, an undead casket builder got a 30 year run out of something that would have been shit on today. Hell look at AEW who have a guy playing a dinosaur, a female who thinks she's an alien and another who looks like something from a horror film