Wrestlemania Backlash was last night

Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The more I think of it, a zombie battle royal where all of the zombies are either ex-WWE talent or zombified versions of former superstars could have been a good laugh for 10 mins. They could even have advertised that ahead of time for a bit of intrigue. Self-contained fun that takes nothing away from anyone.

That would have been great fun! And that's what makes what they actually did even shitter - pretty much anyone giving it more than a few seconds' thought can come up with a better way to have achieved the same bit of brand synergy. Particularly as I just did a quick headline search for "WWE Zombies", and it would be a stretch to call any of the coverage positive, or mainstream, and none of the headlines mention the movie they were supposed to be promoting. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The more I think of it, a zombie battle royal where all of the zombies are either ex-WWE talent or zombified versions of former superstars could have been a good laugh for 10 mins. They could even have advertised that ahead of time for a bit of intrigue. Self-contained fun that takes nothing away from anyone.

And we’d have finally got our Big Boss Man win.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

This is such a great idea and like all great ideas is actually incredibly obvious. All those writers, producers and executives paid shit loads of cash and not one came up with anything a tenth as entertaining or fun.

Its completely killed my fandom all this 'movie' shite they've introduced in the Covid era. I hated the Boneyard and Firefly Fun House last year when everyone else seemed to love them, because they felt like they shattered my suspension of disbelief in the worst possible way. I love Brock, but I remember his match with McIntyre coming on straight after the Fun House on Mania last year and I just couldn't give a fuck. Because they'd just beat me over the head with the fact that they're all just actors for half an hour.

The swamp matches and Fiend shite and now this zombie stuff has just compounded it all. I don't even know what WWE is anymore. How does anyone manage to care about any of it when the story telling is so incoherent?

6 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

this just is looking for comments from people that will make him feel worse

Yeah, fucking hell Bray, if you're going to get upset when people say 'maybe you're a bit shit' don't put out a post that basically says 'ha I'm not that shit now am I?' unless you're fully expecting a barrage of 'Actually yes pal you are'. That being said, it's Twitter and 90% of what I see on there about THE FIEND seems to be bizarre apologists who are Deeply Invested in the Lore of The Fiend.