Wrestlemania Backlash was last night

Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who wants to like WWE. There are people on here who give that impression of just wanting to like it because they like the talent or the matches or whatever. They put on a show like this, which had a handful of good matches according to the pod I listened to but how can the general population take anything else away except the had a fucking ZOMBIE attack during a mid-card match. Do they actively hate Damien Priest? Why are they bothering to employ him? They've obviously had a Zombie before but that was in the context of a whacky character for a show on Sci-Fi. It was nudge, nudge, wink, wink. The bit I've seen of this just looked madness.

I can't think of a great match on PPV that wouldn't have been overshadowed by this shit. So these poor sods trying to make something happen with this empty arena garbage have got no chance.

This isn't a creative problem, or a talent problem... it's a corporate greed problem. I'm typically pretty happy with deals that make talent more money with as little soul prostitution as possible, but my suspicion here is that Damian Priest and Miz aren't getting a cut, and their careers have been prostituted at the altar of brand partnership dollars.

Horrible.

The WWE are on a slippery, slippery slope. The MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA had cutaways to giant Snickers logos, which felt bad enough, but this is next level terrible.

• Paid Members

The only thing I can say about that Zombies part, is apparently Scotty 2 Hotty played one of the zombies. Just dreadful.

Strange endings to both womens matched, but the main event was brilliant. Just not a lot else to say about the show. 

I made the mistake of watching this. This was a total chore. The main event was the sole highlight. Although it didn't reach the heights of Bryan/Reigns, it's well worth your time. It went on a tad too long (although that could just me being burnt out by the entire show) and I wish we got more Uso drama injected into the match, but it was good defense with Cesaro selling his ass off for Reigns. Rollins coming out in that hideous suit wasn't needed though. Rollins has gone full pantomime villain with his most recent character change.

With the exception of that zombie lumberjack match, everything else was painfully average. Technically sound, but there's nothing to get excited about and everyone felt like they were going through motions. There were some seriously off moments in the opener. All three women are very talented, but a lot of the sequences looked sloppy and fake. The Mysterio tag went on for way too long for me to care about the ham-fisted 'feel-good' moment they were trying to sell me. The zombie lumberjack was obviously terrible and Damian Priest deserves better (Hell, even The Miz deserves better). I skipped most of Bayley/Belair. The finish involving Belair rolling up Bayley with her hair would have been cool if they didn't botch it. The WWE title Triple Threat looked okay, but I was too checked out by this point to fully pay attention. 

Edited by pitseleh

Imagine going from being involved in a featured match with Bad Bunny at Wrestlemania, which was highly entertaining and arguably the best celebrity match ever, to having to sell zombies as a real threat in a match. I feel bad for both Miz and Priest. Neither of them are anything special but nothing could've made them look good out there in that situation.

If WWE wanted this zombie attack, they easily could've shoehorned them into some 24/7 title shenanigans. Have all the jobbers doing whatever in catering, chasing after the champion and running from zombies at the same time. Putting that out there in an established feud, with the commentators treating is as a legitimate zombie attack was ridiculous.

Maybe I'm old and don't know how to have fun anymore. I'm sure the kids had a blast with it though.

Anyone that stayed up to watch this shite need to have a word with themselves.  Interest in the product must be at an all time low.

Next time I'll show any interest will be when SummerSlam is on the horizon. That's assuming the fans will be allowed back on a regular basis as planned