Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The Curious Orange said:

Going forward I wonder when they reach the point of deciding they get by with an even smaller roster and get rid of the brand splits altogether.

No chance, unless the single roster is still large enough to support two touring rosters for live events. No pissing away those ticket and merch sales.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

A deep, deep, deep roster allowing you to have a level of variety that feels never-ending is a fantastic problem to have. 

As WCW showed it's both a blessing and a curse.

11 minutes ago, air_raid said:

No chance, unless the single roster is still large enough to support two touring rosters for live events. No pissing away those ticket and merch sales.

Back in the day they had the concept of A, B, C tours. Its one of the ways the likes of Hogan would rack up so many matches by doing two shows in one day.

The brand split won't end while Smackdown is on FOX.

13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I think a lot of the US house shows have been single roster  'supershows' since they've gone back on the  road - though it looks like between Christmas and New Year they are are going back to 2 touring rosters for a few shows on the same day during that week. The success of those might influence their thinking going forward for how deep a roster they need.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

I see future WWE training people from scratch who were either American footballers or fitness models; maybe a few recruited who are in the early stages of their career. I don't think they will try and raid a top star from AEWor the Indies. Obviously NXT still has some former indy stars, but I don't think that will last. 

The majority of the top talents at the moment are from the FCW days. Most the talent recruited during the NXT PC era have failed/been sacked. Not sure what happened with their recruitment process between FCW and NXT but they should probably go back to their previous policy. If they only higher football players and other high level athletes who meet their criteria for looks they'll be stuck with a roster of talentless meatheads like during the Ruthless Aggression days.

if Jonathan Nitro wasnt as talented as he seems to be outside of wrestling he'd have been on the All Star circuit talking about how "damn good" whatever premier league team corresponds to the city he's in. No way he should have been near a main event, even as a one off. Amazed anyone might have thought his run was going to go any other way than how it did. Hit basically every beat I was expecting - shitarsed out from the start all the way to the end. Seems like a nice guy but never anything other than bland. Flips that wouldnt dent a cream cake.

• Paid Members

Its weird with John Morrison. He looks like an absolute star. Puts so much money into his gear and can have really good matches. But he's as interesting as Harry Smith, and doesnt ever seen to get above that level. He's handy to have around though. Reckon he'd be a great addition to AEW, in that "we know him!" division they seem to be putting together.

• Paid Members

Morrisons a weird one indeed. I’m totally convinced he’s got everything it takes to be a main eventer and it’s mad they’ve dropped the ball with him twice. But I could subconsciously just be holding on to feelings associated with a belting match he had with Rey for the Intercontinental title on SmackDown 10 years ago where he didn’t look out of place against a genuine superstar and pinned him clean. Followed immediately with drab feuds with Ziggler and Drew. So…. Probably Reys match rather than Morrisons in hindsight.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they'd try and bring him back when Miz is fit again. Assuming he's not signed anywhere else by then.