Wrestling Photos

gmoney

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Doog said:

"Recovering" alcoholic Les isn't he? Not to be that guy and ruin the fun but not great hearing of him like thisĀ 

He lives in my home town in North Wales and is always in the pub. Never to the extent he was years ago but he's certainly not tee total.Ā 

On 2/16/2024 at 8:22 PM, waters44 said:

Yeah heā€™s in some deathmatch tournament tonight in Hull! If it wasnā€™t the other end of the country Iā€™d have been tempted with thatĀ 

Had no idea this was happening and I live there. The Welly is an absolute shithole as well, which will have lent itself well to the deathmatch vibe

Edited by WyattSheepMask

For anyone interested, Les came out in double denim and opened with the Scott Hall line from his Nitro debut, which is superb.

I also met him at a gig in Abergele where he was off his fucking face and gave me career advice and that he and an old mate were 'this close to being the next Little & Large, but he got married didn't he!'

He didn't stay for the gig as he was asked to buy a ticket. Interesting fella and given he's had some mad shit in his life I do understand it a bit.

Edited by Chili

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just fancied preserving these 10 year old photos (two I took, one I didnt) from Gloucester which I think perfectly capture the joy of what following BritWres was like for a while.

Here's the venue, can't remember where I found this image but I must have been having a piss.

IMG_0023.JPG.da6132275446202ea3eb163c2d29fbfa.JPG

Here's the ring bell, which is the most "twee BritWres" thing I'd ever seen to this point :

IMG_0022.JPG.518cd3155bc47e0f8277de777fd1c15e.JPG

And here's one of the matches that drew me to the show to begin with. Liger wrestling in front of leisure centre five a side goals and your actual Mayor.

IMG_0021.JPG.e0d8f2fd75c0c1005f2f47ea6915fb6c.JPG

Ā 

.... this was not long before the return show for some of the New Japan lads where allegedly Matt Jarrett paid Tanahashi to come to his birthday party and pretend they were mates.