Members SuperBacon Posted February 19, 2024 Members Posted February 19, 2024 Reignite the Les vs Spider feud. Quote
Doog Posted February 19, 2024 Posted February 19, 2024 "Recovering" alcoholic Les isn't he? Not to be that guy and ruin the fun but not great hearing of him like this Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 19, 2024 Members Posted February 19, 2024 2 minutes ago, Doog said: "Recovering" alcoholic Les isn't he? Not to be that guy and ruin the fun but not great hearing of him like this He looks happy and healthy? Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted February 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2024 5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: He looks happy and healthy? The tweet says he was hammered! Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 19, 2024 Members Posted February 19, 2024 35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said: The tweet says he was hammered! Must've missed that! Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted February 19, 2024 Posted February 19, 2024 I think fair play to him, I have no idea why he is suddenly a wrestler, and yeah getting drunk at a indie show is a bit too Scott Hall for comfort, but its all in good fun, I suppose, and he is a grown man. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted February 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2024 52 minutes ago, Doog said: "Recovering" alcoholic Les isn't he? Not to be that guy and ruin the fun but not great hearing of him like this He lives in my home town in North Wales and is always in the pub. Never to the extent he was years ago but he's certainly not tee total. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted February 19, 2024 Posted February 19, 2024 (edited) On 2/16/2024 at 8:22 PM, waters44 said: Yeah he’s in some deathmatch tournament tonight in Hull! If it wasn’t the other end of the country I’d have been tempted with that Had no idea this was happening and I live there. The Welly is an absolute shithole as well, which will have lent itself well to the deathmatch vibe Edited February 19, 2024 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Chili Posted February 19, 2024 Posted February 19, 2024 (edited) For anyone interested, Les came out in double denim and opened with the Scott Hall line from his Nitro debut, which is superb. I also met him at a gig in Abergele where he was off his fucking face and gave me career advice and that he and an old mate were 'this close to being the next Little & Large, but he got married didn't he!' He didn't stay for the gig as he was asked to buy a ticket. Interesting fella and given he's had some mad shit in his life I do understand it a bit. Edited February 19, 2024 by Chili Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted February 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 19, 2024 He found one of Peter Sutcliffe's victims, and it sounds like he's had a rough time at times. Hopefully, he's doing well. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/09/bruce-jones-coronation-street-wrestling-yorkshire-ripper-interview Quote
SaitoRyo Posted March 7, 2024 Posted March 7, 2024 Great shot of the Steiners doing their thing in the Tokyo Dome in '91. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 20, 2024 Just fancied preserving these 10 year old photos (two I took, one I didnt) from Gloucester which I think perfectly capture the joy of what following BritWres was like for a while. Here's the venue, can't remember where I found this image but I must have been having a piss. Here's the ring bell, which is the most "twee BritWres" thing I'd ever seen to this point : And here's one of the matches that drew me to the show to begin with. Liger wrestling in front of leisure centre five a side goals and your actual Mayor. .... this was not long before the return show for some of the New Japan lads where allegedly Matt Jarrett paid Tanahashi to come to his birthday party and pretend they were mates. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted March 21, 2024 Posted March 21, 2024 A rare Rick Martel sighting (from Conrad Thompson's Twitter). Quote
JakeRobertsParoleOfficer Posted March 21, 2024 Posted March 21, 2024 Crikey thought that was Jim Bowen for a minute Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.