Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2024 The lads with Martel are his nephew and grand-nephew, who have been working as a tag team in Quebec. Quote
The Masked Poster Posted March 22, 2024 Posted March 22, 2024 On 3/21/2024 at 7:05 PM, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said: Crikey thought that was Jim Bowen for a minute I was thinking Russ Abbott 5 hours ago, BomberPat said: The lads with Martel are his nephew and grand-nephew, who have been working as a tag team in Quebec. Is “grand-nephew” a thing? Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2024 10 hours ago, The Masked Poster said: Is “grand-nephew” a thing? Of course it is. What would you call him, “nephews son?” Cold and clunky. Wait until you hear about second cousins. Your mask will spin. Quote
The Masked Poster Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 5 minutes ago, air_raid said: Of course it is. What would you call him, “nephews son?” Cold and clunky. Wait until you hear about second cousins. Your mask will spin. We call them great nephews Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 23, 2024 Just now, The Masked Poster said: We call them great nephews Gotcha. In genealogy terms it follows the same with other relatives as grandparents and great grandparents. So your grand-nephew is two generations removed, your great nephew would be three. I having recently realized that having referred to my “great aunt” as such all my life was erring - as my grandmothers sister, this actually made her my grand-aunt. Which I’ve never heard used, but apparently is the correct term. Quote
The Masked Poster Posted March 23, 2024 Posted March 23, 2024 15 hours ago, air_raid said: Gotcha. In genealogy terms it follows the same with other relatives as grandparents and great grandparents. So your grand-nephew is two generations removed, your great nephew would be three. I having recently realized that having referred to my “great aunt” as such all my life was erring - as my grandmothers sister, this actually made her my grand-aunt. Which I’ve never heard used, but apparently is the correct term. Every days a school day ? Quote
Merzbow Posted April 9, 2024 Posted April 9, 2024 Giant Baba is such an odd looking guy, I love every pic I see of him. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted April 14, 2024 Posted April 14, 2024 Atsushi Onita was in the US over Wrestlemania weekend and took time to visit Amarillo Texas and Terry Funk's grave before returning home. Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted April 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 19, 2024 Shawn and Ronda Shear. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 20, 2024 (edited) 11 hours ago, Tommy! said: Shawn and Ronda Shear. Fond memories! September 1993 WWF Magazine, the very first I got my parents to buy me at the newsagent instead of getting second hand from friends. Which was the “September” issue, which we bought in August, and reviewed King of the Ring which had happened in June - couldn’t get my head round that. It was a far cry from the Beano, I tell thee. Always thought it was funny that the Hulk still got his face onto the cover even though they’d just buried him on the PPV. Regardless… I could probably tell you everything that was in that magazine. Definitely the “Undertake ‘Em All” Hasbro ad on the inside cover, still trying to flog you figures of Sid and Anvil even if you just saw them on Worldwide on ITV that afternoon, and Nailz, 8 months removed from him getting slung for trying to kill/knob Vince, depending who you believe.. and making you desperately scour Toys R Us for a Shawn that didn’t exist. ….. this fucker. Of course, inside was a SummerSlam preview which, par for the course, made you look forward to matches that would be cancelled like Marty Jannetty vs The Model and Tatanka & Sherri vs Bam Bam & Luna. The King of the Ring review made it sound like Bret Hart was the toughest wrestler who ever lived. The coverage of The Steiners winning the tag belts twice at house shows in “The Night The Belt Changed Hands” was accompanied by photos of matches clearly taken (judging by lighting and setup) at TV tapings - in particular a couple of photos where the wrestlers seem drenched in sweat are dead giveaways it wasn’t from the road. Of course as a kid, looking at these official looking photos I assumed I might see the title switches on Coliseum one day - whoops. The Crush interview was so kayfabed every second word was “brah” or “bruddah” and apart from he was clearly threatening to do something terrible to Doink, it was unreadable. Most famously, the company printed Now It’s Our Turn, the “first of a series” of hitting back, a hatchet job of Superstar Graham, replete with mentions of TitanSports Inc, Dr Zahorian and numerous other things that would fly over the heads of the children reading. Vince McMahon… a good guy. Worst of all it promised future “exposes” on perceived chancers and liars, including Rita Chatterton. Thankfully these never materialised, one imagines subscriptions slumped when parents saw their kids were going to learn about (and I quote) “sex scandals” over their Coco Pops in the months to come. As for Shawn and Ronda, the article and accompanying photos were a fake date, I’m not sure to what end. There’s one in the restaurant where Shawn has lipstick kisses on his face, she’s got fingers playing with his shirt buttons, and it’s reminiscent of one you see when two photos later there will be a cock in Michelle Thorne’s mouth. I didn’t know who Ronda was then, or when she appeared at Mania X, though I later loved the consistency of her mugging HBK off then him getting the same treatment from Pamela Anderson (who I DEFINITELY knew of) the year after. Either way, even this weird pseudo soft porn wasn’t the most embarrassing thing about the magazine, having had to endure this cover to even get out of the shop without being targeted as a gayman by bullies ; ….. looking back I wasn’t sure why THIS was the turning point for me actually buying wrestling magazines, but it’s probably the peak of Youth Club rumours, and I was dying to see if the issue would cover “Lex Luger came out of the sky in a helicopter, powerslammed Yokozuna, pinned him and now he’s WWF Champion.” Still waiting. Edited April 20, 2024 by air_raid I built my kingdom Quote
wordsfromlee Posted April 27, 2024 Posted April 27, 2024 I see that HOME in Manchester are trying to smooth things over with @Devon Malcolm after his boycott of the place by exhibiting one of his paintings at their current exhibition. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 27, 2024 They rejected my Archer of Infamy one Quote
cobra_gordo Posted May 2, 2024 Posted May 2, 2024 Just clicking through the pictures on a Facebook post about Jeep Swenson and his roles in Batman and Robin and The Mask and this great one of him, Davey and Owen was tucked in there. Happy Glasses Davey always manages to cheers me up and then make me miserable that he's no longer here. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2024 Owen pictured grinning at the japes. Double denim AND the bum bag. As pics of old David Boy go, it's a pretty good score on @IANdrewDiceClays bingo card. Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted May 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2024 "Destiny with Doink" is quite the tag line. Made me chuckle. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.