Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 17, 2024 I love Hashimoto and his big fat face. Kicking arse while looking like a Japanese Robbie Coltrane. He quickly became a favourite for me when I used to watch New Japan on Eurosport in the 90s. He was ace. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 18, 2024 Stumbled across this magazine cover the other day. Flashbacks! Kids don’t know they’re born, these days. It was a tough time as a twelve year old fan in the nineties, taking this stuff to the shop till. Trying to somehow dilute the situation by bundling in an Apple Tango and a Riesen Chocolate Chew. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 18, 2024 Members Posted May 18, 2024 This was excruciating to buy. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted May 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 19, 2024 Thankfully Raw wasn’t in shops near me so my dad got it mail order. Usually came in discrete packaging as if it was Mayfair. Quote
Donald J Trump Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 This was the worst one I bought. Absolutely grim. Shop round the corner from me as well. I shouldn't have bothered. Quote
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 I never actually bat an eyelid when I brought wrestling magazines at the time, maybe it was just naivety on my part. I just kinda assumed that everyone in the newsagent would know that the buffed up oily man on the front cover showing his abs was Lex Luger, wrestling superstar. I do remember one time though, buying Raw magazine with Sunny on the front cover in a bikini and the woman behind the counter started flicking through the magazine and she said to other lady behind the counter, ‘it’s ok, it’s wrestling and the women just show tops and bottoms’. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 19, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted May 19, 2024 16 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said: I do remember one time though, buying Raw magazine with Sunny on the front cover in a bikini and the woman behind the counter started flicking through the magazine and she said to other lady behind the counter, ‘it’s ok, it’s wrestling and the women just show tops and bottoms’. Yes, I bought one with Sable on the cover and stood there for what felt like an excruciating amount of time while the lady behind the counter debated with her colleagues whether or not I was buying a bongo mag. Quote
King Coconut Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 I just used to read the mags that other people had stashed in the woods. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 19, 2024 Completely off topic, but I heard a brilliant story once about a porn magazine stashed in a bush. It was one of those 60+ mature porn mags, to which one of the young lads who found it remarked, “wow, this must have been here for ages!” As if the women in the magazine itself aged over time! Brilliant. Anyway, have another belter that leaves you trying to avoid eye contact as you rush out of WH Smiths. Quote
Donald J Trump Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 Buns of glory Buns of steel Your ass will give away, The truth of how I feel Quote
Merzbow Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 19 hours ago, SuperBacon said: This was excruciating to buy. What was the deal with that Russo/Sunny thing? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 19, 2024 Members Posted May 19, 2024 3 minutes ago, Merzbow said: What was the deal with that Russo/Sunny thing? Probably a swerve bro. Quote
Donald J Trump Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 20 minutes ago, Merzbow said: What was the deal with that Russo/Sunny thing? Vince Russo told a story that suggested there were two versions of the magazine cover, one featuring Sable and the other Sunny. Sunny was unhappy about this, I'm not sure whether it was on the principle of sharing the cover or because she didn't like the picture they chose for her, it could be both. I don't know how Vince suing her fits in to the equation, but she threatened to sue him over it. It was a weird magazine, even back then it didn't really serve much of a purpose other than for something Wrestling related to read. I always preferred WCW magazine to either of WWFs efforts whenever I could track down a copy. Quote
Browser Brady Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 I innocently sent my mother in to HMV to ask if they had Barely Legal or the Big Ass Extreme bash….. They did have Barely Legal…. Just not the one i wanted. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 19, 2024 Posted May 19, 2024 So glad my dad owned a newsagents and I didn't have any magazine buying horror stories. Although I was fairly naive at that age I'm not sure I would've even realised how embarrassing some of it was. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.