CL Punk Posted November 7, 2021 Posted November 7, 2021 2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: Another one of Greg with Brother Bruti. The Dream Team still in their prime. The American version of Celebrity Googlebox looks interesting. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted November 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2021 I’m guessing a few on here saw Davey Boy on this tour in 1994. Just after his brief WCW stint and before his WWF return. I was at the West Bromwich date. Wish I could find the photo I had with the Bulldog now. I remember he got my friend in a sort of sleeper for the photo. Not me though. I looked like the skinniest, palest little sod and I’m sure he probably thought I was on my last legs or something and didn’t wanna risk it. ”IN PERSON THE REAL THING” Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 "Bring the kids for a treat" Yeah. Not something I'd want to see on a BritWres poster these days. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 9, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted November 9, 2021 I don't blame my parents for thinking wrestling is absolute tripe, but I do wish they'd have taken me to a show on that tour. Quote
RoryT Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 I could have sworn I saw Bulldog in 94 at a leisure centre in Shetland. Never been able to find anything to verify it, and im sure there were plenty of other "British bulldogs" doing small time shows at the time Quote
rollthedice Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 Whichever one of those shows was in or nearest to Liverpool was my first live wrestling show. Somewhere my mum has the Polaroid of us with Bulldog. I found out about it by someone handing out flyers at a classic car show in Malpas. Quote
Just Some Guy Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: I’m guessing a few on here saw Davey Boy on this tour in 1994. Just after his brief WCW stint and before his WWF return. I was at the West Bromwich date. Wish I could find the photo I had with the Bulldog now. I remember he got my friend in a sort of sleeper for the photo. Not me though. I looked like the skinniest, palest little sod and I’m sure he probably thought I was on my last legs or something and didn’t wanna risk it. ”IN PERSON THE REAL THING” Yeah, went to the one at Blackpool Tower Circus. Essentially DBS played the part of Big Daddy in a tag match. I remember a Hart brother being on the bill too. Shirley Crabtree cut a sad figure selling merch. Quote
RancidPunx Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 Didnt Dynamite Kid show up at one of these shows and , as the legend goes, Davey Boy hid from him. Quote
Liam O'Rourke Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 On 11/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, wandshogun09 said: Another one of Greg with Brother Bruti. The Dream Team still in their prime. Fucking nipple piercing at his age. Quote
Project Nim Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: I’m guessing a few on here saw Davey Boy on this tour in 1994. Just after his brief WCW stint and before his WWF return. I was at the West Bromwich date. Wish I could find the photo I had with the Bulldog now. I remember he got my friend in a sort of sleeper for the photo. Not me though. I looked like the skinniest, palest little sod and I’m sure he probably thought I was on my last legs or something and didn’t wanna risk it. ”IN PERSON THE REAL THING” I was at the Theatre Royal, St Helens show. Big Daddy was meant to be on it too but was ill. Quote
NavigatorFan Posted November 9, 2021 Posted November 9, 2021 1 hour ago, Just Some Guy said: Yeah, went to the one at Blackpool Tower Circus. Essentially DBS played the part of Big Daddy in a tag match. I remember a Hart brother being on the bill too. Shirley Crabtree cut a sad figure selling merch. Same at the show in Scarborough, Big Daddy selling posters but when I asked if he had any of him that I could get signed (as my previous one got damaged in a flood) he said 'Nah, just these americans' whilst showing me a poster of Bret Hart. He did sign my ticket for free though which I'm sure still exists in my loft. I'd give DBS a bit more credit than playing the Big Daddy role in a tag match though, he put in a decent shift including doing his famous standing vertical suplex on both of his opponents, who were huge, unfortunately not at the same time! The place was rammed and everyone wanted a pic with him so the intermission was about an hour and unfortunately my habit of waiting until it quietened down a bit meant they run out of Polaroids so I had to make do with a signed poster..... Which I'm sure will also be somewhere up in the loft. Young uns with their camera phones don't know they are born!! Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted November 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2021 A friend sent me this one. Quote
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted November 10, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 10, 2021 13 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said: A friend sent me this one. "thanks MTV for pimping my ride" Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted November 10, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 10, 2021 Smart car is an oxymoron in that picture. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted November 10, 2021 Posted November 10, 2021 16 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said: A friend sent me this one. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.