Well, I got that one wrong

RedRooster

Which wrestlers were you convinced would be big stars, only for you to be proven embarrassingly wrong?

I’m talking people who fell flat on their arses, or people who make you look back and wonder what the hell you were ever thinking.

For example, I was absolutely convinced back in the day that Charlie Haas had what it took to rise to the level of WWE Champion, and after the 2004 draft, I was absolutely convinced that he eventually would. 

• Paid Members

Speaking for my generation, “Kona” Crush. This lad was going to do it all. He was going to be the big fucking deal and go all the way. Even when that bastard clown screwed him over and he went on the bench, he was going to come back, probably win the Rumble, bodyslam Yoko FAR easier than Luger had managed it, and be WWF Champ for ten years.

Didnt QUITE happen.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Calling Mr. Kennedy please, Mr. Kennedy to the thread.

Whatever any of us come up with, it won’t match when Fin Martin published that he had mic skills not seen since The Rock.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I never saw it myself but the IWC was absolutely convinced Ted DiBiase Jr was going to end Undertaker's streak and be a huge megastar. 

Not the ending the streak bit, but I was all in on Ted DiBiase Jr being a future world champion. There was an elimination chamber where he pinned Orton and I thought that was going to be the start of him moving up a level. 

• Paid Members

Truthfully Burchill, and I mean as the pirate character.

I thought with the whole Pirates of the Caribbean alongside it, kids were gonna eat it up, his pursuit of finding gold would be good and he seemed like he could go in the ring too for what was needed.

I basically thought a comedy character in the aggression era was going to be as big as John Cena. I was like 13 though.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, rollthedice said:

Think we all thought Sean O'Haire using the "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know" character in 03 was going to be big.

I can't actually remember why it ended, injury? 

I think they had him do a promo in front of a crowd and he died on his arse and they lost confidence in him, something like that anyway. 

Miro in AEW. There’s still time, but he’s been a complete waste and has done absolutely nothing of note since he started. Just a massive disappointment.

Been watching a lot of Texas Tornado stuff recently and it sure didn’t take long for him to be a complete nothing. I get he was a drugged up mess and had one foot, but at the time I thought he was the tits.

I was convinced Marty was going to be the Shawn when I was a kid. I just thought he was better.

When I saw Nathan Jones I thought he would be world champion within 3 months. More so for vinces reputation than anything I saw in Jones. But boy was he useless.

Stupidly, and I blame meltzer and the internet for this, but I thought ricochet was going to make it. What a fucking geek he is.