Well, I got that one wrong

RedRooster

3 hours ago, Statto said:

I don't think "Priceless" or any variation thereof was ever an official team name for Cody & Ted - I think they were were just "Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase". There were a few unofficial names that got bandied about on the internet (to the point your 'serious' recappers would use them on their respective sites), generally based on the word "Priceless" as that was what popped up first on the screen on Ted's titantron, which they used collectively until Legacy came along proper and there was a Legacy tron.

Even after that, I still recall the official ring announcements being "representing Legacy, the team of Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes" or similar.

As for the theme... No, it's not Line in the Sand (not much is...) but it's not horrendous IMO:

Thanks for that. My memory is probably blurred from Cody not wearing kneepads. Wound me up way more than it ever should have done.

• Paid Members

Mordecai. Those promos were impressive in the build. But then he debuted and I could see it wasn’t going to happen.

Elix Skipper and Kanyon were another two I thought would end up doing great things. I know Elix had a good TNA run, but he never hit the highs. Kanyon equally never seemed to get the right chance.

Been watching WWE 2004 back recently on the Network and it’s Renee Dupree for me, once he moved to SmackDown in the 2004 draft.

I thought he was going to be a major star, the fact they gave him his own talk show and chucked him into a feud with a red hot Cena for the US Title straight away shows they probably had high hopes for him too.

Im not sure what happened really, he was young, he had a good look, he was decent I the rings and could talk but once he kept losing to Cena he ended up going into a weird tag team with Kenzo Suzuki and it was all down hill from there.

I have a vague recollection of him showing back up in WWE ECW, but it was short lived.

Raven is probably as strong a candidate as any for me. After his runs in ECW and WCW, I was convinced that when he got to the WWF, where they obviously know what they're doing, Raven was a guaranteed main eventer. I told casual fans months in advance that there was somebody coming in called Raven who would be a really big deal.

Was very sad to see such a great character treated like nothing special within two weeks. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Not me but I have a friend at work who whenever we get chatting makes a point of bringing up wrestling and how much he loved (of all people) Test.

He watched WWF from 1998 to 2000 and says Test was his favourite ever and he was always shocked he didn't make it to the very top.

TEST.

This isn’t shocking to me at all. At the time, nearly all my mates that I talked wrestling with loved Test, and so did I. For a while, he was easy to like. He got around the ring really well for a big guy, his diving powerbomb looked like it would kill you and could have been his finish. When he planted someone with his pump handle power slam then splattered them with an elbow off the top rope, it looked fantastic. We enjoyed his matches and he was popular - the match he had with Shane at SummerSlam 99 still gets talked about today with some of my mates and he got a great pop for his win, despite fighting for Steph who was pretty dull at the time. He had something going for him. He couldn’t do a promo to save his life but for some reason we loved him anyway.

Of course, the wheels fell off pretty quick. He was never allowed to avenge his beloveds drugged up wedding, then she went along with Hunter and he was never allowed to avenge that either, and into 2000 he was cursed, and everything he touched turned to shit. T&A, shit. Alliance, shit. Short hair and pants, shit.

But yeah, everyone today says “Test was a bit shit” but at the time plenty of people loved him.

49 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Who the hell hired Raven? 

Scotty Polo i believe the quote was.

Raven getting Shane shitfaced as a teenager is what killed his run in the fed. 

And back on topic, Ted jr, I remember thinking he'd break the fucking streak.

Edited by TomJones233

Test was big, wore leather, and had a simple style that had big moves that looked like they could win matches. Then he got hunter’d 

i always thought MVP would get a big baby face run after a big sit down with JR where they talked through his story and how he wanted to motivate others. Never came 

Was totally on the Paul London wagon. I still think his performance at the ROH 1st Anniversary Show is one of the great double duty performances that no one ever talks about. Seeing him challenge Xavier after winning a knackering triple threat with AJ Styles and Low Ki was the first time I actually felt arsed about the winner of an ROH title match (rather than just watching for the flips) and it was all because of London.

I thought he'd rise to be one of the great underdog babyfaces of all time once he got to WWE TV, I suppose in a similar way to how Daniel Bryan did a few years later. Instead he had a fairly forgettable run either side of that mammoth tag title reign with Kendrick, though even then they somehow managed to fly almost entirely under the radar.

12 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I remember thinking John Morrison looked like a superstar with his long hair, buff bod and cool flippy shit and he would break away from The Miz to be the "next Shawn Michaels" and, well . . . 

Yeah good shout.

I always thought he was going to kick on but he always seemed to be at the same level.

In 1997, i thought Buff Bagwell was such a great heel and would be working main events as a headliner in years to come.

Slightly off the mark there.

17 hours ago, TomJones233 said:

Scotty Polo i believe the quote was.

Raven getting Shane shitfaced as a teenager is what killed his run in the fed. 

And back on topic, Ted jr, I remember thinking he'd break the fucking streak.

I thought the quote was "who the fuck hired him" when Ravens name was brought up in a production meeting after he came back in 2000.