Who the fuck is Brian Rose?

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

A London centric thread this one obviously, but over the last day or two I've been bombarded with attack ads in Sadiq Khan, which I initially assumed must be from some Tory cunt's campaign. But they weren't. They were from this peculiar American chap Brian Rose who wants to be the next mayor. Who is this guy and where has he come from? Am I supposed to have heard of him before? His slogan is the overly familiar 'vote for Brian', and I couldn't even find his surname at first do I wondered if he's a celebrity or something...

Anyway. I didn't even know we were due a mayoral election tbh, so this could be a general catch all thread for that.

Here's Brian - https://brianformayor.london/

Here's a list of all the candidates - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55748037

47 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

A London centric thread this one obviously, but over the last day or two I've been bombarded with attack ads in Sadiq Khan, which I initially assumed must be from some Tory cunt's campaign. But they weren't. They were from this peculiar American chap Brian Rose who wants to be the next mayor. Who is this guy and where has he come from? Am I supposed to have heard of him before? His slogan is the overly familiar 'vote for Brian', and I couldn't even find his surname at first do I wondered if he's a celebrity or something...

Anyway. I didn't even know we were due a mayoral election tbh, so this could be a general catch all thread for that.

Here's Brian - https://brianformayor.london/

Here's a list of all the candidates - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55748037

I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked his link, but it definitely wasn't that. 

He looks like a weird version of James Caan. 

Also, he needs to calm down and decide exactly what he wants first. These can't all be first. Thats impractical. Idiot. spacer.png

God I hope Drillminister wins.

spacer.png

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I think this bit is enough to paint a picture of the kind of chap we're dealing with

Screenshot_20210223-090744_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e5bc52a6cde317a9bd1259302e4780e8.jpg

I was thinking of throwing him my vote but I’m looking for someone that will put Freedom of speech first. Shame. 

I've been aware of his London Real platform for a few years. It started out as a mildly interesting, fairly inoffensive DMT is cool think tank. As Butch alluded to, cut from the same cloth as a lot of that Joe Rogan stuff. He surfaced on my algorithms again last year when he anointed David Icke his official brand mascot, aping Icke's Covid-19 conspiracies and giving them huge platform - "Because it's important to hear all sides!" - despite clearly not believing a fucking word of it. 

His adverts are hilarious. A real arch narcissist:

He seems to be conning his supporters out of a fair chunk of change, from what I can tell. 

Not sure why you'd bother. Mindfulness Dollar hack who dresses like Pinstripe Potoroo doing a Ted Talk. 

I'd never heard of him but adverts for him came all over sites I was using. I wondered why he seemed so popular, maybe an independent I could vote for. He comes across as a right weirdo, his videos on him becoming Mayor seems to have no actual policies other than he believes in science and freedom of speech, which are not policies. Doesn't seem to have a real opinion on transport, crime or education. He seems scarily popular and I wouldn't be surprised if he came 3rd.