WWE Announces next 3 wrestlemanias

poetofthedeed

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

WWE are still running that stupid Thunderdome thing to the detriment of their product when they could have had fans in some form for ages. I don't honestly think that's fair criticism. 

It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment, but I completely get what you're saying.

I think perhaps they've stuck with the Thunderdome concept as much through Vince's (understandable, really) aversion to showing empty seats on camera than any overabundance of concern for public health. It'll be interesting to see how they go now basketball has started up again & is providing something of a template/data set for indoor attendance.

I do genuinely hope they are sensible about what numbers they allow in for Mania rather than pushing the envelope.

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Things may have changed, but back in October/November I recall the governor of Florida approving 100% full stadiums, leaving the decision on how to restrict attendance (or otherwise) to the individual organisations.

Holding a show at anything more than 30% would be bad optics. Sponsors would be tearing their hair out with 100% capacity at a stadium while Coronavirus is still a major thing

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

WWE are still running that stupid Thunderdome thing to the detriment of their product when they could have had fans in some form for ages. I don't honestly think that's fair criticism. 

In reality they still can't have fans in an arena. Correct me if I'm wrong but the NBA and NHL are still operating without no fans in attendance. Also aren't the NXT "crowd" paid extras

53 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Holding a show at anything more than 30% would be bad optics. Sponsors would be tearing their hair out with 100% capacity at a stadium while Coronavirus is still a major thing

In reality they still can't have fans in an arena. Correct me if I'm wrong but the NBA and NHL are still operating without no fans in attendance. Also aren't the NXT "crowd" paid extras

NXT is a mix of non televised talent and a locals in proximity to the Capitol Wrestling Center

• Paid Members

Wasn't the company still banging on about having a crowd at last year's WM and then Summerslam, well beyond the point it was clear to everyone else that there certainly wouldn't be?

Old libertarian Vince must be hating all this.

A lot of wishful thinking on their part, can't see more than 20% capacity in the end, which obviously is miles better than nothing.

Edited by garynysmon

These days with the network I genuinely don't see the problem with having it over 2 nights so long as they dont become 4-5 hours each. 2.5 -3.5 hours for each night is fine. If someone wants to watch on the same day (and WWE don't spoil the fuck out of it on their own network) they can stick the first part on in the run up to the second. If not for a lot of the world who want to watch it's 2 nights of entertainment in lockdown. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

There are any number of venues they could have used if they were desperate to get fans in. They're not, they're being responsible. Rare but true.

The 2 nights was far better last year. The 2 years previous, me and my mates left the bars we were in early because it was simply too long (especially when bars stopped serving alcohol at 3-4am) and watched the rest in the morning.

I wonder if they will do some mesh of virtual fans and a live crowd in order to make the stadium look somewhat full with screens. It'd be costly but if they could charge a $5 or whatever to be a virtual fan at WrestleMania, many would probably go for it being the geeks some wrestling fans are.

I think if you’re watching on tv, 2 nights is a fair shout.

going live though-means either choosing one night and not knowing what matches you’ll see, or paying double. I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

NFL has had fans at the RJ stadium for a while (limited capacity).

NXT has fans (tickets are free) but you have to respond to an email invite and they’re gone within minutes. Need to test day before in Orlando, which is why I haven’t bothered.

5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

There are any number of venues they could have used if they were desperate to get fans in. They're not, they're being responsible. Rare but true.

For as dangerously and incompetently as they handled covid at the beginning (likely due to stubbornness rather than a lack of education) they seem to be doing a great job now. 

I feel for them because they still catch a lot of shit. You see the idiots on the roster posting pictures at parties surrounded by 50 maskless people and it’s the company that seems gets the battering online. They’re horrible people no doubt, but in this instance they’re trying to do the right thing and it’s the wrestlers that are letting them down.

56 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

For as dangerously and incompetently as they handled covid at the beginning (likely due to stubbornness rather than a lack of education) they seem to be doing a great job now. 

It's a remarkable turn around. Reckon Vince has gone a bit Howard Hughes/'Spruce Moose' Mr Burns?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

I feel for them because they still catch a lot of shit. You see the idiots on the roster posting pictures at parties surrounded by 50 maskless people and it’s the company that seems gets the battering online. They’re horrible people no doubt, but in this instance they’re trying to do the right thing and it’s the wrestlers that are letting them down.

Yup. Half the roster’s social media makes out as if there isn’t a pandemic happening. Ricochet in particular is terrible for it. And what’s without going into the fact that he’s usually found hanging out with nonces and rapists.

Considering how much Drew’s positive test clearly fucked everything up last week I’m stunned WWE haven’t put something in place regarding talent acting like idiots on their days off. Unless the booking of Ricochet is a warning to the rest of them, of course.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Dzeko10 said:

I'm guessing WM40 will be New York again? 

They won’t treat it as special because it won’t be “WrestleMania 40”, it will just be WrestleMania. Just like these announcements for the venues for WrestleMania, WrestleMania-Next-Year and WrestleMania-The-Year-After-That.