2021 Celebrity Death Thread

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Les McKeown has passed away. 65. Got raped in a hotel room when he was 19 and then got ripped off of the royalities even though they'd sold hundreds of millions of albums. What a sad life.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Dad died on Friday. Ben Spiller was a pretty great guy. I can't claim he's an actual celebrity but it's possible if you are from the Reading area you'd know him. He won the pride of Reading award i

Not what I've heard!

I'll not actively court it, because I fear he'll haunt me (and it's as much as I deserve), but I have already seen a bump in sales. The sole thing that allowed me to financially survive the first

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Full copy of the 2004 doc channel 4 did with Les is here. 

https://licensing.screenocean.com/r/101439 it's a great watch to see some of the shitarsery that got them swindled out of millions. 

The money they generated is the equivilant of £5 billion! Their cut of it in total was less than £200,000 each. 

• Paid Members

https://thequietus.com/articles/29907-anita-lane-rip

Anita Lane, formerly of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, and collaborations with The Birthday Party,¬†Einst√ľrzende Neubauten, Mick Harvey, and Barry Adamson. Apparently, according to the Quietus article, wrote some lyrics for Soft Cell as well. There's barely a bad track in her discography.

• Paid Members

Apollo 11 Astronaut (the one that didn't walk on the moon) Michael Collins has passed at the age of 90.  Among his many achievements was being a great pub quiz answer.

41 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Apollo 11 Astronaut (the one that didn't walk on the moon) Michael Collins has passed at the age of 90.  Among his many achievements was being a great pub quiz answer.

I loved Liam Neesons portrayal of him

50 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

When we watched the Horrible Histories episode of the moon landing  my 8yo said "Imagine going all that way and not getting on the moon. How disappointing"

She's right.

• 2 weeks later...