2021 Celebrity Death Thread

Magnum Milano

• Paid Members

TIL that prior to the formation of ZZ Top, Dusty & Frank Beard were members of a band touring the US pretending to be The Zombies.

The Zombies had broken up in 1967 but "Time of the Season" became a big hit in the States in 1969, so figuring that no-one would know a) what The Zombies looked like & b) that they were British, they just went out and toured pretending to be them.

At the exact same time there was a Michigan-based lineup doing exactly the same thing. The two bands had the same manager.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2021/08/08/markie-post-dead-night-court-star-dies-aged-70-following-cancer-battle-15055859/amp/

I've just seen that Markie Post has passed away. She's probably best known for playing Mary's mum in There's Something About Mary as well as Christine Sullivan in the sitcom Night Court.

As a Transformers fan I'm more familiar with her providing the voice of June Darby in Transformers Prime, a pretty decent character.

• Paid Members

Just found out that Brad Allan, who starred opposite Jackie Chan in the 90s and was the first western member of his stunt team, has died at the age of 48. 

No real details as to how, other than it's from illness, but that's come as a shocker to me.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I recognised his face, but wasn't familiar with his most famous work. The Whitest Kids U Know, but Trevor Moore has died at 41 Trevor Moore Dies: Co-Founder Of ‘The Whitest Kids U Know’ Was 41 – Deadline

Yeah, this sucks. I was a big fan of WKUK back in the 00's. 'Get A New Daddy' still gets regular airplay in my house over fifteen years later. RIP.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:37 AM, Accident Prone said:

Yeah, this sucks. I was a big fan of WKUK back in the 00's. 'Get A New Daddy' still gets regular airplay in my house over fifteen years later. RIP.

This raised a smile. 

• Paid Members

I bumped into Una Stubbs in Tesco in Piccadilly Circus just before lockdown. Aside from that pointless and unnecessary update, she as a great actress. Mentioned this on my team call just now and one person went 'oh from Sherlock'. Not Worzel. So yeah. I'm old.

Yeah, gutted about Nanci Griffith. She was one of my favourite female country/folk/americana stars, along with Emmylou , Dolly and Iris Dement. 

Not only was she a great songwriter and singer of her own songs, but a tremendous interpreter of other people's work, too. A real loss. 

• Paid Members

I used to love watching that as a kid. If anything deserves a reboot it's that, although I'd want it on BBC4 with the Vicky Coren types rather than some ITV2 nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I used to love watching that as a kid. If anything deserves a reboot it's that, although I'd want it on BBC4 with the Vicky Coren types rather than some ITV2 nonsense. 

You slap that out of your mouth.