Christmas Dinner Fix It & Show Off Thread

Onyx2

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

After a mild internal struggle we're going Indian this year. What with Queen Coco being a vegetable and all of us loving a curry it seemed stupid not to just do our favourite. 

Foreign muck?! On Christmas?!? They'll be banning Del Boy next. 

The lady and I are making dinner for the first time, and we’ve decided to splash out a bit and got a goose. The butcher ended up giving us a 6kg one instead of the 5kg we paid for too, so that’s decent. I’m fucking shitting it about overcooking it, but I’ve got a meat thermometer so that’ll hopefully keep us safe.

We’ve gone for a Gordon Ramsay recipe which uses Chinese five spice, sounds a bit strange but I’m optimistic.

All prepped and ready!

BA35-D7-A3-DE06-408-A-AC82-524-CFB517435

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

As were a house of vegetarians now days we had an accidentally vegan roast dinner. The traditional grass, twigs and all the trimmings 

hard to see but there were sprouts with facon lardons and chestnuts, braised red cabbage and apple as well. The meat alternative was a meatloaf which was alright.

C2298786-AF14-4BF7-8201-805D5E85D103.jpeg

On 12/24/2021 at 2:11 PM, Thunderplex said:

Well, opened the Turkey this morning and it was fucking rank, stunk the house out.  Had to run to Tesco to grab another.  Thankfully, they had loads of nice ones left.  In the oven now, and will be rattling over to Aldi on Monday with my receipt.

Saw this on Twitter and thought of you 

• Paid Members

@Onyx2the spouts turned out fantastic, they did break up but I didn't mash and had them as they were, turned out lovely.

@Dead Mikethe cabbage was amazing, reminded me of a side dish I used to have in a little restaurant near where I used to live. It'll be my regular accompaniment to liver next autumn, I do it with caramelised apple slices while we have a glut and it'll go perfectly with them. 

I also was quite pleased all the veg was my own grown, carrots, parsnip, potatoes, green beans, brocoli, sprouts & pumpkin. I snuck my own garlic and shallots into the turkey prep. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

The only bad thing about Christmas is a million morons racing to make the same joke about “a cup of mulled wine and a stuffing ball followed by chocolates is a perfectly acceptable breakfast over Christmas.” And yet…. here I am.

2B99F6C5-DBC7-4FF1-94D6-61695F5BEA5F.jpeg