Christmas Dinner Fix It & Show Off Thread

Onyx2

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Veggie/Vegan Christmas. The vegan pigs in blankets and Brussels with “Bacon” were stand outs. More potatoes for when space was created and this was taken before the gravy/condiments added.

Merry Christmas to you all

BD661688-166F-4AD2-B199-01F4881791F6.jpeg

Looks nice. 3x potatoes though? Is that one of the kids?

• Paid Members

"Needed" 1.5kg of beef in the form of a rib. Ordered 2kg to be safe. Got 2.5kg/two ribs, half of which went in the freezer.

(Somebody had to queue for two hours in the rain in a farm car park to pick it up. Somebody wasn't me.)

132757416_10158837790429110_8528487172423751513_o.jpg

IMG_20201225_140835822.jpg

IMG_20201225_140651050.jpg

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

I never take good photos of food. I'm like a food Instagram nightmare.

Promised to make dinner for Mother and my Stepdad as it's my last week or so before I move.

What started as a small meal ended up in me hungover at 11am writing a detailed meal plan and 4 hours of prepping.

PXL_20201225_151837728.thumb.jpg.53e1dc9210c900d6b260edfe5324eee5.jpg

Only now have I realised I've made a stuffing dildo. For all your stuffing needs.

Taken before the gravy was added of course. It hides how shit the pigs in blankets turned out. Maybe it's the flash from the camera, the potatoes didn't look terrible in person and they look like they haven't seen heat.

As I said, awful at photos.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Looks nice. 3x potatoes though? Is that one of the kids?

More got added as the plate got emptied. they were our biggest plates. Need larger plates. I managed 5 more, but we’ve got about 15 left over for bubble and squeak tomorrow 

• Paid Members

Honey roast ham, Turkey, pigs in blankets, broccoli, roast potatoes, carrots, stuffing a a Yorkshire (which sadly deflated, but tasted incredible).

Then for dessert we had "Twix Bombs" (basically massive homemade Twix in the shape of a Tunnocks tea cake with some clotted cream ice cream, which my sister dropped off this morning).

All washed down with the fanciest bottle of wine I've ever had. It was a pretty good day. 

IMG-20201225-WA0017.jpeg

IMG-20201225-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20201225-WA0023.jpeg

absolutely stuffed, lunch at 1 and even the thought of a turkey sarnie is too much right now. 11th year of doing the Christmas Dinner, for some reason the Yorkshires didn't rise properly although still tasted good but the roast tatties were on point and the gravy was a+ (chicken stock and root veg under the turkey as it cooks, then reduced with red wine). Did Turkey and a Gammon joint - 8 hours in the slow cooker, cooked in Dr Pepper. Leftovers for days if not weeks. No pictures as I'm a lazy arsehole, but I'm done in.

Well done to all who undertook the cooking this year, some great looking plates so far. I'll be honest though, a plate of roast tatties covered in gravy seems to be the ideal evening.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bicurious Dad said:

I'll be honest though, a plate of roast tatties covered in gravy seems to be the ideal evening.

My roast dinner routine is to make way too many potatoes so evening dinner is left over roast potatoes and warmed up gravy. As my family aren’t as keen on marmite roast potatoes I usually warm them up by drizzling the marmite on and stick them in the air fryer for 10 minutes 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Awards Moderator

I do a lot of roasts through the year, but there's something special about the Christmas one. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJOZsO0n9i3/?igshid=1wvvedogxhj0i

Turkey was fab, butcher's pigs in blankets particularly terrific. Bubble and squeak awaits in the morning. 

Despite just being the three of us, managed to feel festive. A nice day. Merry Christmas UKFF. 

Mum's roast was as quality as ever, so oversized that the Yorkies had to be plated separately for everyone to tuck into with two kinds of gravy to go with the two cuts of meat, turkey and beef. Dessert in my cousin's was also a delight as we had a double dessert of a nice but dry Nutella cake and a delightful banoffee pie. Just polished off the left over stuffing balls and a couple of slices each of turkey and beef with plenty over on both joints to nibble at over the weekend

• 11 months later...
  • Paid Members

Spent my day making Cranberry Sauce, Bread Sauce, Stuffing and a crushed veg bake we have as a side dish.  Peeled all the veg for tomorrow, as we have Christmas Dinner then, normally to do visiting on Christmas Day.  Just had our pre-Christmas Eve Papa Johns, and watching Krampus.  Quite happy.