Christmas Dinner Fix It & Show Off Thread

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

It may be due to circumstances this year some of you are cooking for less than you expected, or having to cook for the first time. If anybody would like some advice to make sure their Christmas dinner goes great please post in this thread.

And then lets see pictures of your feasts 😊

I'm also aware some of you will just have Twiglets and McEwan's Export, that's fine too.

Ironically it's the first year out of four I'm getting to spend with the French in laws. They usually do a giant get together in Donegal that lasts for about a fortnight but that's simply never possible for me with work, and it's not possible with their extended Irish family up there this year either for obvious reasons. So I'm spending the weekend at their place in East Cork. Goose is on the menu, and fucking terrific merlots they cut through about a half dozen bottles of over the evening. It's lovely, but they're a bit Jonestown so I invariably spend large parts of the day hiding in the bedroom In order to grab some introvert time. 

I'm heading back home to the cat tomorrow whilst the missus chills out with the family for another week. So I have the tail end of the year to myself. Got some spiked chocolates I have no idea the strength of in the fridge. Am very much looking forward to at least one day spent whacked out of it watching Breakdown 98 in the middle of the afternoon. 

Merry Christmas UKFF! A wonderful place. 

• Paid Members

Here's my lovely wife's first attempt at a Christmas dinner and my first as a vegan nob. It was my decision to go with Beyond Burgers as the meat substitute because I love them but honestly they only worked with gravy as they otherwise taste very burgery.

Gotta say though the roast potatoes were incredible she did me proud. Absolutely demolished two portions and stuffed. Traditionally my family don't do puddings until a few hours later because we inevitably over do it with the epic roast and today is no different.

Hope you all had a glorious Christmas dinner as well. Merry Christmas UKFF. You guys are top.

20201225_131142.jpg

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

We had Christmas Dinner yesterday as I didn't want to have to rush to do everything then drive up to my Dad's today to drop a dinner of for him and my brother. It was strange but I kind of like not having a crazy cooking day today. 

So dinner is this... 

20201225_141014.thumb.jpg.99dc7a38fe895cf5dd53f1ceb3efd800.jpg

I hope you all enjoy yours.