Brooklyn Nine Nine

Arch Stanton

They have developed an impressibly high number of background characters who only show up once or twice per series.

Kevin, The Vulture, Madeleine Wunch, Doug Judy, Jake's dad, Amy's dad, Boyle's dad, Terry's brother-in-law, The guy from the nightshift played by Matt Walsh, Pimento, even Melipnos played by Fred Armison.

Add all of those to the ensemble of regular characters and it's no wonder they have kept the quality so high for so long.

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Doug Judy is my favourite regular character. Craig Robinson is fantastic in everything. 

This very small moment caught me off guard once and I giggled for about 10 minutes. 

He’s the only reason I don’t regret watching Hot Tub Time Machine.

• Paid Members

I once got accidentally punched on a night out (whoever it was aimed for ducked) and as my mate tried to help me off the floor and ask me who hit me all I could respond was 

"Twas a cat" 

And that instantly made both of us laugh. 

I've only just remembered this because of that clip and it's made me chuckle again now. 

I've cried before laughing at the cold open of Holt thinking there's a bomb on his desk and Jake pointing out to Amy what she's done. I honestly want Andy Samberg as my older brother. 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah. It's a heck of a show, and a shame they're finishing it, but all good things must come to an end, and at least they're getting to give it a finale. 

• Paid Members

After 2020 and how the world is viewing Police especially in America, I'm just happy season 8 is even going to be a thing. The fact they threw out all the scripts because they couldn't hide away from what was happening and realised they needed to address stuff.

Also most the cast have become too big or busy for the show. Terry Crews is a household name in America fronting their biggest variety competition, Andy Samberg is everything Jimmy Fallon wanted to be and Stephanie Beatriz has been rumoured on so many different shows while becoming an incredibly sought after voice actor.

Now to see if it can get as many Emmy wins as Schitts Creek in its final season.

I loved Brooklyn 99, and when it was announced it was being cancelled by FOX I was really annoyed. That turned to delight that it was coming back. HOWEVER, in retrospect, it might have been the best thing for it to go out when it was dropped by Fox. The last few seasons have been OK, but nothing great. Those first few years were brilliant, and I think the ending of Season 5 might have been the best natural end for it.

Still a great show to just put random episodes on and enjoy,

• 1 year later...
  • Awards Moderator

The final season finished a week or two ago on E4. Far from their best overall but the two-part finale episode was a really nice goodbye. There’s a “Goodbye Brooklyn Nine-Nine” doc on All4 as well, which is your standard talking heads format but a good reminder of some of the show highlights.

• 1 year later...