Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members

How minor do you want it…?

”Always” by Bon Jovi, written in 93 and released in 94, showing up in an “80s” playlist on Apple Music. Grrr. As a Jovi fan it’s up there with people calling it “Crossroads.”

• Paid Members
On 2/16/2023 at 11:48 AM, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Was it Sprules who claimed to be a great detective and thought he could solve the Ipswich red light killings?

To be fair, they have been studying law and just got a placement as a paralegal:

F78EEC16-83E7-44B3-94D5-1ED1337427D7.thumb.jpeg.536059e081631bff60e0a4be13516211.jpeg

Not sure what’s with the name change, like. 

• Paid Members

Mrs raid has an infuriating habit of asking me to take the recycling bins out when they’re about 1/3 full or less, and it baffles me. Every other habit she has about cleaning and tidiness and tries to instil in me, I understand as they all fall under the category of little-but-often being easier than letting things build up. But the bins? Literally all it achieves is me having to do the job three times more often than it needs doing. It’s paper and clean bottles/cans, there’s no smell and they’re out of sight, so what difference does it make?? I’d understand if it was the black bin, which she’s quite happy to wait until it’s actually full, but I’m starting to think she’s just amused by me traipsing in and out of the house constantly for the sake of three water bottles, two egg cartons and a Domino’s menu.

Daytime TV ad breaks. One during The Chase this morning on Challenge had a cremation advert followed by a "leave us a donation in your will" advert followed by an inheritance plan advert. How do oldies get through a day of this? "You're going to die soon! You're going to die soon! You're going to die soon!"

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Daytime TV ad breaks. One during The Chase this morning on Challenge had a cremation advert followed by a "leave us a donation in your will" advert followed by an inheritance plan advert. How do oldies get through a day of this? "You're going to die soon! You're going to die soon! You're going to die soon!"

It's not just Challenge, this was an only half exagerrated version of the ITV4 snooker ads yesterday:

20 hours ago, Gus Mears said:
  • Nob pills
  • Cremation
  • River cruises
  • Nob pills
  • Kevin Bacon
  • Nob Pills
  • Funeral plan
  • Nob pills
  • Free Parker Pen just for inquiring
  • Cremation
  • Fly Fishing by J. R. Hartley
  • Nob pills
  • River cruises
  • Commemorative coin of the Queen

• Paid Members

The ads during the afternoon session of any darts tournament on ITV4 always consists of dying kids or donkeys working as hod carriers. Every break and you get at least two different ads of animals being abused. If it’s not donkeys, it’s dogs or cats. Nob pills and funeral plans would be a welcome change tbh.