Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

And Google Shopping is completely unhelpful, principally because it doesn't separate "phones costing under £X" from "phones with an upfront cost of under £X, followed by monthly instalments of £Y."

Though if the model names made sense I could at least manually skim over the "LOL, course you ain't getting that for under a squillion quid" ones.

• Paid Members

Some right shit adverts at the moment. The worst being Direct Line advertising bastard landlords insurance - giving you a second of doubt that there’s sympathy for the tenants on hard times “unable to pay rent” before assuring you that the cover includes legal fees - you know, in case being a landlord didn’t already make you enough of a cunt, and you decide you want to take the tenants that have befallen tough times to court. Bastards.

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Online training, Friday afternoon from 2.45 to 4.45.

Fuck off.

On a similar note, in-person training 9-5 on the last day before half term when the last thing anyone wants to do is sit and be talked at all day, with added aggravation provided by one of the speakers who was desperately trying to be all formal but kept using the wrong "I / me" (eg. "that's something that my colleagues and I are looking into" - NO!) . We did get a free slap-up lunch though, which at least took the edge off a bit. But all the food made it difficult to stay awake during the afternoon session, which felt like it lasted for at least 10 hours. Rubbish.

1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

added aggravation provided by one of the speakers who was desperately trying to be all formal but kept using the wrong "I / me" (eg. "that's something that my colleagues and I are looking into" - NO!)

What? That strikes me as correct.

If it can be replaced with "we" then use "my colleagues and I." If it can be replaced with "us" then use "my colleagues and me." No?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Fucking hell, some of the posts in that thread. 

The state of this.

I'm not trying to defend the murderer, but the media outlets (Sky, BBC) need to remember that prostitution is very much illegal in this country. Half of it is the girls fault for being out there. Not trying to defend the guy.