Comic book movies II: the Richard Donner cut

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

With Sony doing the Venom movie and Carnage turning up in the sequel, how extended do we reckon the Spider-Man licence will get? Do we see a Scarlet Spider Ben Reilly or Kaine Parker movie somewhere down the line? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

With Sony doing the Venom movie and Carnage turning up in the sequel, how extended do we reckon the Spider-Man licence will get? Do we see a Scarlet Spider Ben Reilly or Kaine Parker movie somewhere down the line? 

Spiderverse 2 is on the way, so possibly there. Spider-Gwen is expected in a couple of years, Morbius is in post production, gearing up to a Sinister Six movie to follow after Spider-Man 3. And rumors of a Madame Web film were around a few weeks ago. At this point they will milk everything they can as long as it makes money

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Spiderverse 2 is on the way, so possibly there. Spider-Gwen is expected in a couple of years, Morbius is in post production, gearing up to a Sinister Six movie to follow after Spider-Man 3. And rumors of a Madame Web film were around a few weeks ago. At this point they will milk everything they can as long as it makes money

It might be just me but I think Sony are overestimating the drawing power of Morbius/Madame Web and there ilk. Don't get me wrong a geek like me will be first in line but you're average joe I'm not so sure.

Venom is a hugely popular character in his own right so that's a no brainer. Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales are absolute sure fire hits off the back of Spiderverse alone but without the MCU to give them the rub the more obscure characters are a pretty nutty gamble. 

If they are introduced in Spidey 3 then that could work but cold, it seems banana to me.

16 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Tatiana Maslany has reportedly been cast as She Hulk in the upcoming Disney+ show. Good casting.

She deserves a big break, Orphan Black wouldn't have been a 1/4 of the show without her, she was outstanding playing all those characters.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, DEF said:

It might be just me but I think Sony are overestimating the drawing power of Morbius/Madame Web and there ilk. Don't get me wrong a geek like me will be first in line but you're average joe I'm not so sure.

Venom is a hugely popular character in his own right so that's a no brainer. Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales are absolute sure fire hits off the back of Spiderverse alone but without the MCU to give them the rub the more obscure characters are a pretty nutty gamble. 

If they are introduced in Spidey 3 then that could work but cold, it seems banana to me.

Miles was in Far From Home wasn't he? Plus the PS4/5 game coming out. Could generate some interest. 

Homelander is the greatest superhero. So much so I'm considering an avatar change after over ten years.

My only regret from the last episode is that we didn't get to see him fuck himself at the end. The rest of the show is a bit meh, but he's one of my favourite characters in anything ever. The actor plays him brilliantly with a perfect mix of smug, insecurity, righteousness and menace. His scenes are always the highlight of an episode, and often gobsmacking. That scene on the aeroplane last series was incredible! 

My favourite touch the Homelander actor does are the little moments whenever milks involved. He never misses an opportunity to remind you of Homelander's milk fetish

Great actor, he was pretty good in Banshee but Homelander shows how versatile he is (he's not at all bad in Banshee but brooding tough guy is the sort of thing plenty actors can play, Homelander is something else)

• Paid Members

Been catching up with the MCU today as I was a LONG way behind. This morning I watched Iron Man 3, which was alright, Thor The Dark World, which didn't really hold my attention, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which was pretty darned good. A proper action thriller that just happened to be set in the Marvel universe. I'll probably watch a few more next weekend.

Winter Soldier is top tier Marvel for me and one of the few films in their collection that threatens to be better than the genre. I think I enjoyed Iron Man 3 more than a lot of people for the reason that they don’t like it for. Spending most of the film out of the suit. Dark World is definitely turd, even with my quality filter set low for super hero films.

• Paid Members
On 9/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Iron Man 3

During lockdown, I watched Iron Man 3 again. It's one of the few Marvel films that still holds up during repeat viewings, and there aren't any better than it. I really enjoyed it at the cinema but I found it much funnier on repeat viewing, such is the power Shane Black.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

Although not a movie, I posted it here, since it will impact the next Dr. Strange movie...

Looks interesting. Nice snippets of Wanda in her traditional Scarlet Witch costume, and Vision in his old school costume as well. Was that Yeardly Smith as well during the "Dick Van Dyke show" segment?