Wrestling Newz

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Jake Roberts and family seems to be another episode alongside WCW and New Japan doing that show in North Korea. 

I'd be interested in an episode on the Plane Ride From Hell but too many people involved are still associated closely with WWE. 

Maybe the Bulldogs? There's obviously a lot of shady shit regarding Dynamite especially in later life but both their stories and the issues they had would fit into the ethos behind the show. 

On 10/25/2020 at 10:45 PM, IronSheik said:

Probably the most important wrestling news in many a year. The kid who said "the British Bulldog is gonna win, whether he wants to or naaaaaaat" has allegedly been found.

And she's a girl.

Is this gonna be one of the new Dark Side of The Ring episodes, whether we like it or not?

On 10/21/2020 at 9:27 AM, Tsurutagun said:

One of the episodes is on Pillman. You think you're going to get a call from the producers @Liam O'Rourke

So, they got in touch with me around August, had a phone call with the producers with them basically picking my brain about who the best people are to talk to, the best way to tell the story, stuff like that. They didn't ask me to be on, at least not yet.

3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

So, they got in touch with me around August, had a phone call with the producers with them basically picking my brain about who the best people are to talk to, the best way to tell the story, stuff like that. They didn't ask me to be on, at least not yet.

Any idea on anymore scg mate ?

Just now, Jacko said:

Any idea on anymore scg mate ?

Yep, got a series on 1991 similar to the 1990 one that we're recording next Wednesday, and wanting to do a show on Full Gear. The main issue at the moment is being tentative about getting everyone at the same place to record in person, as our show always is, with everything going on. The guys feel the dynamic isn't the same on Skype, so we'll see how that plays out. I want to do a show on Full Gear, so we'll see what happens...

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Don't be shy to offer. Pointing out that you've been on a lot of podcasts, and are used to describing even complex parts of Pillman's story simply could be a very useful thing for them to think about.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Get some coin out of them too! Vice Canada make it don't they? Try and blag a holiday over there out of it. 

Pillman's mam (Mary) was Welsh btw. Reckon there's room for us on that plane?

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Jx4DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq="brian+pillman"+welsh+mary&source=bl&ots=CNOiDVld_K&sig=ACfU3U2kvfQ_pySI2163JeFKSbKRHgnMIQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjGk9WPpNXsAhWUOcAKHbCxB_IQ6AEwFnoECAEQAg

5 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I assume you just pointed them to the Graham family as "its always his idea"