Wrestling Newz

Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

In one of the more unexpected news announcements doing the rounds a few places are reporting that Meiko Satomura is relocating to the UK and working as a trainer/wrestler for NXT UK. 

I'm not aware of the details (language barrier), but she seems to have been been working with Chigusa recently. I surmised it was either a relaunch of GAEA or Marvelous. A couple of videos at the bottom of this page, though admittedly they are from earlier in the year. Her own Sendai Girls promotion seems to do little if anything these days:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzPGUCt8YfzdRTG3O8JtgQw/videos

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

In one of the more unexpected news announcements doing the rounds a few places are reporting that Meiko Satomura is relocating to the UK and working as a trainer/wrestler for NXT UK. 

Everyone reporting it is quoting from the same Google Translate of the same Tokyo Sports article, so I think there's a risk of some poor machine translation, or missed nuance going on there.

If she has signed, she was the main name being attached to NXT Japan - it could be that they want her working in an existing Performance Centre to teach her the ropes of how they want the eventual Japanese one (if such a thing ever comes to fruition) to operate.

I very strongly suspect that it's a bit of a non-story, though.

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

If she has signed, she was the main name being attached to NXT Japan - it could be that they want her working in an existing Performance Centre to teach her the ropes of how they want the eventual Japanese one (if such a thing ever comes to fruition) to operate.

This seems to make the most sense. It's not like an awful lot is happening with NXT UK right now, but NXT Japan was absolutely going to happen before COVID nipped it in the bud, and I suppose they want to give it another shot.  Heard Daisuke Sekimoto and Jiro Kuroshio's names in the discussion when the rumors started to brew and I guess Kairi's going to play a role there as well now. It's dodgy enough, but no more so than it was ten or twelve months ago when the word started going around

17 hours ago, KingofSports said:

I'm not aware of the details (language barrier), but she seems to have been been working with Chigusa recently. I surmised it was either a relaunch of GAEA or Marvelous. A couple of videos at the bottom of this page, though admittedly they are from earlier in the year. Her own Sendai Girls promotion seems to do little if anything these days:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzPGUCt8YfzdRTG3O8JtgQw/videos

Marvellous, Ice Ribbon, Sendai Girls, Stardom and other Joshi promotions have ran a couple of joint shows recently called ASSEMBLE

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, KingofSports said:

Just casting my mind back to the GAEA girls documentary. Chigusa & by proxy Satomura, pretty much beasting trainees. That'd go down well today wouldn't it (rhetorical question).

I know people who have trained with Satomura far more recently, and say that while it wasn't exactly easy, it couldn't have been further removed from GAEA Girls. I've seen it suggested that the filmmaker put them up to being more aggressive than they ordinarily would be for effect - I can't remember if Satomura herself alluded to that, but it's someone who has worked with her that told me. Can't speak for Big Chig, though!