A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

If Arsenal fans, Chelsea fans and Spurs fans were stuck in a room together , we would form an unholy alliance to eliminate the Chelsea wankers before we turned on each other in a fight to the death. 

Tottenham and Arsenal fans couldn't eliminate Michael J. Fox from a game of Operation, ffs.

30 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I loved Carrick too but didn’t Jol usually pick Carrick and Jenas in the one season Carrick and Davids were both there? Or am I misremembering Jenas being box to box since day 1 and Jol forced him to play winger? Between those three and Tainio nobody really wanted to get down a flank until Lennon started getting a few starts.

Without looking, I remember all 3 of them playing quite a bit as well, so Jenas would've been on the right in that scenario.  Add in Teemu (or Mendes) in a starting XI and that must've been the narrowest midfield we've ever had. The width was coming from Lee and Stalteri!!!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

What a fucking sad little 8 year old you were.

I was the coolest. I based my hairstyle on Christian Slater and everything. 

It is bollocks, but it's not a 'I want to see you come to harm' hate. My wife, daughter, mum, sister, in-laws and most of my friends are Spurs fans. I don't even hate most of Spurs' players (I obviously hate Harry the Tunnelling Tory). But I do hate Spurs, and love to hate them. I'm supposed to. But Chelsea, that's a vitriol-fuelled hatred purely out of choice.

Scott Parker was good at one point for Spurs wasn't he? Nothing amazing, but in a Gareth Barry kind of way. I remember him all of a sudden being a key part of the England side as a result. 

Michael Carrick is one of the most underrated players of our generation. I don't remember too much of his time at Spurs and West Ham, but his passing range at United was brilliant and he had the discipline to hold his position and protect the defence.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It is bollocks, but it's not a 'I want to see you come to harm' hate. My wife, daughter, mum, sister, in-laws and most of my friends are Spurs fans. I don't even hate most of Spurs' players (I obviously hate Harry the Tunnelling Tory). But I do hate Spurs, and love to hate them. I'm supposed to. But Chelsea, that's a vitriol-fuelled hatred purely out of choice.

Scott Parker was good at one point for Spurs wasn't he? Nothing amazing, but in a Gareth Barry kind of way. I remember him all of a sudden being a key part of the England side as a result. 

Michael Carrick is one of the most underrated players of our generation. I don't remember too much of his time at Spurs and West Ham, but his passing range at United was brilliant and he had the discipline to hold his position and protect the defence.

I saw Carrick and Cole play for the West Ham Youths in a 1999 cup final. I thought Carrick was a better player, though Cole had more style. I’m glad both went on to have big time careers 

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I saw Carrick and Cole play for the West Ham Youths in a 1999 cup final. I thought Carrick was a better player, though Cole had more style. I’m glad both went on to have big time careers 

I remember once at Highfield Road we played West Ham. As is traditional, the away fans boo whoever the home team brings out at half time. However, a local youth team were brought out for a lap of honour for winning a national tournament and they got a standing ovation from the visiting fans. I wonder if  it was coincidence that they had their moment in front of fans whose club valued the youth game for local lads more than anyone else. Either way it was a really nice moment. 

Cov won one nil. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This very much sums up my perspective on the whole thing, growing up in North London there was a healthy level of respect alongside the hatred and that has never gone away.

I know plenty of perfectly sound Spurs fans, where the vast majority of Chelsea fans I've met (and of course there are plenty of exceptions, I'm not suggesting there aren't) either fall into the category of nasty pre-Abramovic cunts, or glory hunters who jumped on board after the oil money rolled in. 

34 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I don't remember too much of his time at Spurs

He was incredible. Just made himself so much space and time by just being clever and anticipating. Him and Luka Modric are probably my two favourite midfielders that I've been lucky enough to see.

Only thing is where I used to sit/stand, some fucking cunt two rows back would shout "love you Michael" every single time he got the ball which was, as you can imagine, incredibly annoying.

Still Block 34 FTW so...

2 hours ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Solid wins for both clubs last night in the end. But these goals we keep giving away are infuriating. Olympiakos could have had 3 yesterday all from our own poor judgement. Dominating games and gifting goals is a mental way to play football. 

Hoping you guys are going to be generous at the weekend :)

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Solid wins for both clubs last night in the end. But these goals we keep giving away are infuriating. Olympiakos could have had 3 yesterday all from our own poor judgement. Dominating games and gifting goals is a mental way to play football. 

The annoying thing is that on the rare occasion a goal like last night or the Burnley one happens, there is an outcry of 'THIS IS WHY WE SHOULDN'T PLAY OUT FROM THE BACK' from fans. Bullshit. If we don't play out from the back, we don't get as many of the good results we have. We wouldn't have won the FA Cup or the Community Shield without opportunities presented by playing out from the back.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

The annoying thing is that on the rare occasion a goal like last night or the Burnley one happens, there is an outcry of 'THIS IS WHY WE SHOULDN'T PLAY OUT FROM THE BACK' from fans. Bullshit. If we don't play out from the back, we don't get as many of the good results we have. We wouldn't have won the FA Cup or the Community Shield without opportunities presented by playing out from the back.

Yeah and City in the semi final, I have no problem with us playing this way just a problem with a select few players who keep letting us down because of it. 

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I remember watching that Community Shield game and thinking we were going to absolutely rinse you because you were plying it so open at the back then you went and fucking did us with it and took advantage of our own ineptitude at doing it. It’s like ball playing goalies, it’s a risk reward situation. I don’t want to see my non Arsenal/Spurs goalie doing Cruyff turns but I appreciate that part of his game is vital to the speed in which we can open a team up.