A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

He backs into them after they jump, that's the problem. If he jumps with the other player, or doesn't jump and stays where he is, or even backs into the player before they jump, then that's fine. But he waits for them to take to the air then hunches his body sightly and moves backwards- taking the other player completely off balance while they are in mid air. 

You can thank me for the Callum Wilson comment lighting a fire under him. It pains me to admit it, but Kane has become a top, top class player over the past 18 months and more than an outstanding goalscorer. Excellent vision and a brilliant pass. You're welcome!

Arsenal were great for 75 minutes and that last 15 minutes was the worst football we've played this season (that is saying something!) Gabriel getting his huge head on the follow up from Kane's freekick being a superb moment in an otherwise expletive laden last quarter. 

Matt Doherty will be having nightmares about that whole 90 minutes. Tierney destroyed him.

Edited by Factotum

6 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I love that Gary played up front for Ireland and in defence for Spurs.

I think I remember him scoring a last minute winner against Leyton Orient in the FA Cup one year, still never led to anything :(

He did. A dizzying 3 goals in the 2001 cup run which ended in semi final defeat against some team, and I've conveniently forgotten who it was.

Wonder goal. 

I remember being at that Semi Final at Old Trafford back in 2001, absolutely dominated the game but went behind from Doherty scoring. Sol coming off for treatment as we got back on level terms from a Vieira header and Pires winning it in the second half for us after Sullivan saving almost everything we threw at him. Funny enough Campbell's last appearance for them  before signing for us on a free, great memories, might be the right time to get the DVDs out. 

• Paid Members
On 3/14/2021 at 2:16 PM, air_raid said:

more settled 11 of 06-07 of Robbo, Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Disco Benny, Lennon-Jenas-Zokora-Malbranque, Keane & Berbatov.

Nuts to the present team, I need to revisit this. I knew we only got Assou-Ekotto playing until Christmas that season before an injury, but I’ve had a look and it turns out that he started only a couple of games with Malbranque after the latter had come back from his injury.... and for those couple of games, Jenas played in none of them because he was injured. So basically “the 06/07 team” I rated so highly didn’t actually play a game together. Ooops.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Nuts to the present team, I need to revisit this. I knew we only got Assou-Ekotto playing until Christmas that season before an injury, but I’ve had a look and it turns out that he started only a couple of games with Malbranque after the latter had come back from his injury.... and for those couple of games, Jenas played in none of them because he was injured. So basically “the 06/07 team” I rated so highly didn’t actually play a game together. Ooops.

Everything OK mate?

Was at this game and "missed" Robinsons goal.

As it was a fairly standard FK, I just thought it would reach the 18 yard box, be headed away and I'd have a few seconds where fuck all happened.

So I was fiddling with a holdall I had with me as I was going straight to Bristol to see Deftones the next day with mates (they subsequently cancelled as Chino got pissed the night before with some friends of friends and said he was "ill", we actually saw them out on the Saturday, but that's by the by)

So I'm fiddling in my holdall, probably checking I'd packed my Gio Goi t shirt (peak 2007) and everyone started celebrating and when I looked up everyone was hugging Robinson and I had to ask the lad next to me what had happened. He looked at me like I was John Thompsons character in The Fast Show, and was at my first football match.

Still pissed me off that I "missed" a very rare occasion.

Had a great time in Bristol though.