A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

I went to the 3-3 in the Cup against Chelsea that season. 

Only problem is that I was in the Chelsea end, and even though I was with a friend who was 6 foot 9, I have never been so scared in all my life.

I'm surprised they couldn't smell the fear on me. Thank fuck it finished in a draw as I would've lost it at full time and offered out the entire Matthew Harding Stand.

In this weeks 'Harry Kane discourse' people are losing their shit over this.

It's a penalty. Isn't it? Am I going mad? 

The only thing I can think of why it WOULDN'T be a penalty, is that it takes place out of touch. 

Someone said he deliberately steps over/misses the ball. What, like a feint?

Can anyone tell me, in a rational 'non Twittery' way, how this is not a penalty?

For balance, he probably shouldn't be clutching his leg after like a pranny but that's by the by.

Oh, and Joe Rodon. Woof. He needs to start every game now as he looks a proper player. I would 1000000% take him over Dier at CB each week.

It is a penalty and it is exactly the same as Laccazette's last week against Spurs. Those are both pens and the discourse around it just because the balls gone is nonsense for me.

What's he supposed to do? Not go down? Yeah he sells it but all footballers do

Edited by Factotum

18 minutes ago, Factotum said:

It is a penalty and it is exactly the same as Laccazette's last week against Spurs. Those are both pens and the discourse around it just because the balls gone is nonsense for me.

What's he supposed to do? Not go down? Yeah he sells it but all footballers do

Well quite. According to one of the Dads in the group chat, Kane steps into Cash and fouls HIM. Genuinely think some people have never played/don't understand football.

Was pleased to see that the Census included a question on him though. 

spacer.png

Thought Tanganga and Rodon played really well yesterday. It wasn't pretty by any means but I guess a win's a win.

The West Ham vs Arsenal game was very decent. Arsenal were non-existent for 35 minutes but then all of a sudden where a joy to watch (as much of a joy as it can be). West Ham were awesome too, nice to see two teams giving it their all and just going for it.

I hate to say it but Odegaard looks like a right player, I was very dismissive when he arrived from Real, especially when they haven't really used him, but he is great. He gets stuck in, he is a very clever player, he is skilful but still does the easy things and is not afraid to have a crack. Hopefully Arsenal don't sign him permanently, if they do I don't think it's even a joke to make him captain depending on what happens with Auba. Him and Partey as a central midfield partnership is something to get excited about for sure (although I'll hold my excitement :) ). Them two centre mid with Saka on the left and (a fully firing) Pepe on the right, with a combination of Martinelli, Auba and Lacazette up top. Wowzers

8 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Thought Tanganga and Rodon played really well yesterday. It wasn't pretty by any means but I guess a win's a win.

The West Ham vs Arsenal game was very decent. Arsenal were non-existent for 35 minutes but then all of a sudden where a joy to watch (as much of a joy as it can be). West Ham were awesome too, nice to see two teams giving it their all and just going for it.

I hate to say it but Odegaard looks like a right player, I was very dismissive when he arrived from Real, especially when they haven't really used him, but he is great. He gets stuck in, he is a very clever player, he is skilful but still does the easy things and is not afraid to have a crack. Hopefully Arsenal don't sign him permanently, if they do I don't think it's even a joke to make him captain depending on what happens with Auba. Him and Partey as a central midfield partnership is something to get excited about for sure (although I'll hold my excitement :) ). Them two centre mid with Saka on the left and (a fully firing) Pepe on the right, with a combination of Martinelli, Auba and Lacazette up top. Wowzers

spacer.png

Odergaard is very good though.

Odegaard is like the second coming of Fabregas and my heart wont be able to take him inevitably leaving.

The first 35 minutes of that West Ham game was a continuation of the last 15 against Spurs. It was shockingly bad bar Odegaard. Then a switch seemed to flick and I ended up being mildly annoyed we didn't win the game. We seem to start most games awful. They need to cut that out. Maybe send them out 30 minutes early and pretend the games kicked off.

Anyway, it is all on the Europa this season. The draw is the favourable side, but Arsenal being Arsenal some sort of batshit crazy result is possible.

43 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

You mean us getting knocked out by Villareal in the semis in the Emery derby. That is the proper Arsenal thing to do. 

Hopefully Foyth or Capoue scores the winner too :)

Edited by stewdogg
Forget Etiene