A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

That's really sad. He was a big character and although he had made some silly comments on AFTV he was above all a passionate Arsenal fan. Some of the comments on Twitter about his mental health are fucking disgusting. What is wrong with people?

RIP Claude.

• Paid Members

Yeah he was harmless. Didn't agree with him on many things (I remember deliberately winding him up at my mate's 30th birthday party by declaring how great Giroud was, knowing full well he thought he was a 'fucking lamppost'), but he wasn't toxic like some of the AFTV lot. Just goes to show how popular he was, he's been the top trend on Twitter pretty much all day. I hope he's at peace.

20 Years since Rocky Rocastle passed away at the tragically young age of 33. I was just too young to see him in his pomp of 87-89,  but my first memory is that 91 Title winning season where he only played 16 games that season but I was enthralled by what he was doing with the ball. The next season he scored an utter blinder against United and him and Wrighty in those classic shirts always makes me smile. I remember being baffled when he wasn't at us the next season and he was showing up in a Leeds shirt.

That day in 2001 was utterly surreal with the news coming in as we were walking to the ground that he had passed away. A minutes silence (more shock really) impeccably observed by both Arsenal and Spurs fans, with Robert Pires scoring a beauty in the number 7 shirt.

Kinda weird that I'm older than him now when he passed. It doesn't seem real that I'm older than one of that side that gave me so much joy as a kid. Would love the club to commission the statue of him and Wrighty on that day against Southampton. Just pure joy.

An absolutely fantastic player, and I always get upset with Ian Wright talks about him.

I've been lucky enough to meet Ian a few times through extended family and we once had a good football chat and he spoke about him, and you could actually hear the love in his voice for him when he reminisced.

Ian and a group of Arsenal fans did spend about half an hour ripping the piss out of me though. That was fun.

Arsenal's ability to self sabotage is reaching new art forms every single game.

All on next week. I see the hounds are out on Arteta. Getting knocked out at this stage to a team who are bang average would bring on even more pressure.

Even if he is sacked (which I doubt he will be) I see nothing changing for Arsenal for years. We are now suffering for the woeful mismanagement of this football club these last 10 or so years.

Saying that, Arteta needs to stop being so passive in games, his subs are always too late. He also needs to stop playing anyone else bar our main striker up front and, with 8 or so games to go, just start playing Martinelli now. The worst that happens is he doesn't do well, which makes him no different from most of that team. He's creating a rod for his own back.

2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Getting knocked out at this stage to a team who are bang average would bring on even more pressure.

Bang Average is a bit Harsh

They are a team who are Unbeaten in the League all season (sure the Czech league may not be 5* but still impressive), have knocked out the Unbeaten Scottish League Leaders, have knocked out the current 3rd Place side in the Premier League who are also a team in the FA Cup Semi Final

Arsenal are 10th in the Premier League and only Goal difference is keeping them out the bottom half

Not saying Arsenal shouldn't be expected to win but its not really a huge surprise if they dont IMO