A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Only saw the score but not the actual game yet (was watching us play very averagely against an even more average Olympiacos), what happened? I appreciate Zagreb is a hard place to go, but given the players you've got up front it seems insane to me that you've conceded three without reply. Were Zagreb just really good?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:
Christ, that was grim. We've sacked better men for less than this.

He sacked Redknapp for coming 4th. This team went WWDW from United away, City home, Chelsea away and Arsenal home and had clawed their way to top of the league in November. For falling apart like they have, playing the way they’re playing, and where they will finish come May, Jose should be sacked at least twice, maybe more.

• Paid Members

He's finished, surely. They're not getting top 4, they're out of Europe and the FA Cup. Even if they somehow beat City in the Carabao Cup final, matching the success of Juande Ramos and George Graham is far from the success Spurs should be aiming for. Especially having sold their soul to the devil because he 'guarantees trophies' to achieve it. 

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Were Zagreb just really good?

No but then they didn't have to be.

Pathetic bunch of cunts.

I'm going to the park in the morning to film myself doing kick ups. I'm gonna send it to Levy as I, once again am saying, I'm a better football player than Moussa Sissoko. And Harry Winks. And possibly 3 others.

Edited by SuperBacon

37 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Let’s say Spurs manage to win the league cup and then finish 5th. Has he been a success because he won a trophy? Or is CL qualification a requirement? 

I don't think a league cup is a measure of success for a "serial winner" like Jose. However a trophy in many peoples opinions means you've had a successful season (I don't agree but it's all subjective) so I dunno. Depends whether you watch football just to see your team win trophies. (Cheap Spurs gag there)

Again, CL qualification should be a requirement for someone like him, but Spurs are probably about back where they belong (with the current squad) after years of over achieving under their *starts sniffling* greatest and most handsome manager ever.

That man worked miracles and I think even his doubters now realise that.

"But he didnt win a league cup!!!!!" Fuck off.

Spurs have some fantastic players. They also have some absolutely bang average players who reached their peak under a manager who improved them beyond their means and are now at their natural level. But a good manager gets 10/20% out of them through training and application. Which isn't happening. 

Anyway, it's not all gloom and doom. 

"All time most profitable club in Premier League history, you'll never sing that"

I mean that was hilarious. Only Spurs  can do that (Arsenal would have conceded the two no doubt but somehow fluked a David Luiz header in Extra Time)

52 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Let’s say Spurs manage to win the league cup and then finish 5th. Has he been a success because he won a trophy? Or is CL qualification a requirement? 

I suppose its whatever Levy is expecting. Does he now just want to rack up trophies?  Is just say finishing 4th what he considers success (with the stadium you would assume CL qualification is high on that list) I would think Levy thought Jose would combine the two hence why he brought him in despite most people being unable to grasp quite why he had sacked an incredible coach.

Edited by Factotum

7 minutes ago, Factotum said:

most people being unable to grasp quite why he had sacked an incredible coach.

Heres the thing. *fighting back tears* 

Poch and Spurs had reached the end and the right decision was made...

...however, it shouldn't have got to that point and he should've been backed. 

Both those things are true.

Absolutely right there Bacon, 

Thing with Poch is he never really got a good run with LoCelso and NDombele. They were both players he wanted but both took absolutely ages to get up to speed. I guess there always comes a time where change is needed. However, what we have with Mourinho now is shocking. As Bacon said we have some absolutely top drawer players in Kane, Son, Reguillon, Lloris, Aldeweireld, possibly Hjojberg. We also have some players who when they apply themselves can be game changers in Bale, Bergwijn (who's not even getting on the bench), NDombele, Lo Celso and Lucas. But we have an awful lot of players who are not very good (for a club like Spurs), some do try hard like Lamela, Sissoko, Sanchez and Davies but they're just not match winners, or even game changers.

We've then got this weird core of players who excelled under Poch - Dier, Dele and Winks. These three have been so poor for a long time. I think Winks and Dele no longer care, and Dier seems to care too much and ends up in stupid running battles rather than concentrating on his job.

The less said about Doherty and Aurier the better. Imagine going from Walker and Trippier to Doherty and Aurier 😰. We do have a couple of youngsters who have showed promise in Tanganga and Rodon (although since he made a mistake he's be dumped), also Skipp going well at Norwich.

The main thing that annoyed me last night was the fact that on the pitch at the same time we had Lloris (World Cup winning captain), Harry Kane (England captain), Gareth Bale (Wales captain), Serge Aurier (ivory Coast captain), Eric Dier (multiple time England captain) and not one of the them took control on the pitch. 

24 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Skipp going well at Norwich.

He's going to win Player Of The Season and rightfully so. How Winks is still at the club (and STARTING!!!)  and he's not, is beyond me.

Also, this is so accurate it's painful.

Dier is probably the best example. He is a slightly above average player who most weeks would struggle to get in most top 10 teams starting 11 (just picked again for England though. Gotta love that) and Poch got a good extra % out of him and and now he's actually under performing his level. Mental regression with him.

Still think he'll make a great coach one day though.

• Paid Members

8 hours ago, stewdogg said:

The less said about Doherty and Aurier the better.

Remember, according to a certain plod on here he's the best right back in the league! But that was when he was playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world to be fair. 

I think Jose will certainly claim the league cup to be a success, this is the guy that claimed a treble at United which included the poxy Community Shield.

I said on here years ago, l think during the summer where nobody was signed and also when you finished 2nd, that in order to help and respect the players you have then you should've brought in excellent signings to supplement them. I was scorned by some (not Spurs fans though, I don't think) saying that the squad was talented enough to start challenging for the title.

But if it wasn't good enough to challenge for the title then, why would it be good enough when others around them were constantly strengthening? Sure, nobody predicted Dele Alli would be kidnapped and replaced by somebody else,  but you still can't afford to stand still.

I went through something similar as an Arsenal fan around 2008-2012. We never quite had enough to challenge. By the time we started to bring in decent players (starting with Cazorla, Giroud & Podolski) it was too late- the decent young players had decided to up sticks already and we had to start all over again.

• Paid Members
On 3/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, air_raid said:

Nuts to the present team, I need to revisit this. I knew we only got Assou-Ekotto playing until Christmas that season before an injury, but I’ve had a look and it turns out that he started only a couple of games with Malbranque after the latter had come back from his injury.... and for those couple of games, Jenas played in none of them because he was injured. So basically “the 06/07 team” I rated so highly didn’t actually play a game together. Ooops.

I mean, my brain.... I’ve revisited teams in the league since Malbranque and Jenas each returned from injury in the spring of 2007 and I’ve learned that the settled and reliable midfield with no round legs in square holes, of Lennon-Jenas-Zokora-Malbranque, started only 1 league game together. Ghaly started a hell of a lot of games and Tainio was almost always in there somewhere covering the latest injury. My world doesn’t make sense any more.

We’re still far worse today with “better” players.

51 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I mean, my brain.... I’ve revisited teams in the league since Malbranque and Jenas each returned from injury in the spring of 2007 and I’ve learned that the settled and reliable midfield with no round legs in square holes, of Lennon-Jenas-Zokora-Malbranque, started only 1 league game together. Ghaly started a hell of a lot of games and Tainio was almost always in there somewhere covering the latest injury. My world doesn’t make sense any more.

We’re still far worse today with “better” players.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:09 PM, SuperBacon said:

Everything OK mate?