A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On 3/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, SuperBacon said:

Without looking, I remember all 3 of them playing quite a bit as well, so Jenas would've been on the right in that scenario.  Add in Teemu (or Mendes) in a starting XI and that must've been the narrowest midfield we've ever had. The width was coming from Lee and Stalteri!!!

Having re-visited this, because there’s not much I think about more than Spurs teams/results since that season, there were even some games were Jenas was shunted to the left to accommodate Lennon on the right, which is bizarre.

Strange thing about that season is, despite Carrick being there, I think I look back more fondly on the far more settled 11 of 06-07 of Robbo, Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Disco Benny, Lennon-Jenas-Zokora-Malbranque, Keane & Berbatov. Despite them starting terribly (only scoring on one of the first six games) never truly challenging for 4th, leaving it much later to seal 5th and finishing with 60 points compared to the previous seasons’ 65. I guess the Chelsea win and Berbatov being huge factors.

Speaking of Berbatov... Jesus, when he finally got going. Three home games in a row against Wigan, Middlesbrough and Charlton he scored blinding goals in the run up to Christmas then later in the season had an unbelievable second half performance (without scoring) in the home win against Bolton when down to 10 men, and scored goals against Braga, Middlesbrough away and Charlton away that still probably rank in my top 20 favourite Spurs goals of all time. He was far too good for us.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

That touch to take it away from the defender still makes my willy go funny.

It’s got the lot! Skill, power, pace, finish. El Karkouri had to go off injured because he hurt himself trying to bring Berbatov down. Says it all.

That was poo, Spurs just didn't attack enough and got mugged off...but the worst thing was Martin Tyler exclaiming that Erik Lamela was a player that "wears his heart on his sleeve...as well as his studs" YOU ARE THE WORST. Retire.

Edit: Forgot to add: I genuinely, hand on heart, believe at 36 I am still a better football player than Moussa Sissoko. 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Arteta should be pissing blood at how poorly his lot kept the ball at 10 v 11. But Jose should be ashamed at how little he knew what he was doing today as soon as Son went off. Second half changes were baffling when chasing the game. At times I think his man management is good and he can be great at half time but his mid-match substitutions are so confusing. Sissoko for Bale to force Ndombele up a bit... then Alli for Ndombele minutes later??? Alli for Bale would have made more sense, both at the time and later. Unless Ndombele is injured, which he didn’t look.

• Paid Members

Lamela was always going to get a red eventually during that game, what a snide little shit he is. I'm so glad his red card will overshadow that goal.

It took going down 2-1 for Spurs to actually start playing, with the talented squad they have. What if...they actually play adventurous attacking football from the start? Jose is killing that team. Still, at least Levy got a good TV show out of it. 

14 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Why didn't Jenas mention this on MOTD? 

Why does he get away with this sort of dangerous shit game after game? That's obviously a rhetorical question. 

You're better than this. This is the sort of shit people called @ozilolology who @ the fucking FA and Premier League come out with.

It's a late shoulder barge in a derby, come on.

And yes I'll call him out if he's been a dick, theres been lots of times when hes dived or acted the fanny but thats as pathetic as highlighting him "backing in" and calling it dangerous play. 

• Paid Members

No intention to play the ball, wasn't even a tactical foul as Gabriel had already played the ball. He wanted to clatter him pure and simple and with the velocity he hit him, could've been an injury. No yellow card, not even a foul. Not saying it's a red, but that's a foul and a yellow for me. 

The tunnelling (backing into defenders as they jump for the ball) is really dangerous, that can result in a broken neck and he knows what he doing when he does it.

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

No intention to play the ball, wasn't even a tactical foul as Gabriel had already played the ball. He wanted to clatter him pure and simple and with the velocity he hit him, could've been an injury. No yellow card, not even a foul. Not saying it's a red, but that's a foul and a yellow for me. 

The tunnelling (backing into defenders as they jump for the ball) is really dangerous, that can result in a broken neck and he knows what he doing when he does it.

The first point: it's a reckless challenge yes. A yellow at best. There were much worse challenges yesterday. The fact it wasn't looked at or has been mentioned anywhere (I've seen or heard) apart from Twitter says everything. 

The second point: utter, utter bollocks I'm afraid. And I'd defend any player on this point, not just Kane. I don't know how anyone can say that. Is Kane supposed to be responsible for his opponents jumping and where they jump? Is he making them go up for the ball? Is he in control of what they do?

We've all seen the slowed down Zapruder style film where some virgins slow mo'd all the times Kane has "tunnelled" (I cant even believe I'm typing that it's so ridiculous) and invented the concept of backing in. "HE LOOKS RIGHT AT THE OPPONENT!!!!" No shit Sherlock. I'd look at my opponent too if they were behind me and about to jump for the ball.

Its bollocks. There's no conspiracy because hes "Englands* golden boy", just like theres no United penalty conspiracy. Its utter horseshit.

Your worst opinion since you said Callum Wilson or Josh King was a more complete centre forward than him!

*actually strip him of the captaincy. Fuck England.