A thread in which for Arsenal and Spurs fans to have sexual tension and poor banter 20/21.

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Some background for you.

Noble has played more Premier league games for West Ham than any other player, in addition to being the longest serving player in their current squad, having been in the first team since 2004. He is West Ham's first-choice taker for penalty kicks and has won the club's Hammer of the Year trophy twice, as well as being voted Hammer of the Decade at the end of the 2010s.

In 2020 he was rated as the player with the second highest conversion rate for penalty kicks in the world over the last 20 years. His 90.5% conversion rate was only beaten by Robert Lewandowski’s rate of 91.1%. He’s also had a testimonial, becoming more rare in modern football. 

Problem is, unless you watch every West Ham game, you have no real concept of him. Looking purely at stats gives an indication but not the full picture. It’s why I wouldn’t make such comments about the majority of Spurs or Arsenal players, I don’t watch enough. As they score so often, and so see them during highlights, I can say Son and Kane are decent players, but wouldn’t have much more I could say about the rest of the team. Hence I find these posts odd. Stick to the thread 

I mean you could at least put it in a quote if you're going to copy and paste from Mark Noble's Wikipedia page. Maybe we can move the Noble chat to the West Ham thread? 

Anyway, North London Derby on Saturday. Quite hard to get into it during the pandemic with no fans. I absolutely love both Home and Away against Spurs. Pure fucking hatred throughout which is what football is all about.

I can well see it being a draw on Sunday, especially as we both have the Europa games either side of it.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, hallicks said:

I mean you could at least put it in a quote if you're going to copy and paste from Mark Noble's Wikipedia page. Maybe we can move the Noble chat to the West Ham thread? 

I don't go crying like a little bitch when another club is discussed in here (that isn't a pop at you, they know who they are). But I can see it's hard for Arsenal and Spurs fans to understand what is going on here. Here is a breakdown

Aresnal and Spurs have shit fans that stink up football threads that speak about all clubs, not just their own. They got their own thread to talk about their teams so we didn't have to see the shit bants. Mark Nobel, has no affiliation with either club, therefore doesn't need to be discussed by people who don't know what they are talking about in a thread to discuss their own clubs.

It was quicker for me to copy and paste from Wiki, I didn't say it was my own, I said it was some facts, which it was. And now you know why he is highly regarded by his club and fans, and probably jealous you have no one willing to do what he has for your clubs.

Now, off you pop to talk about your clubs who are 10 and 3 points behind West Ham right now. I wonder what the equivalent to St Totteringham's day is day for finishing above both of you?

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You're an utter freak.

I'd be happy for them just to agree on two draws a season and not actually play the games.

Well yes, I agree with you really. I hate the week building up to it and the highs of the wins never reach the lows of the losses.

It is more I love going to the games for the 90 minutes. Everyone is pumped for it. I think its everyone letting out some sort of horrible nervous tension!

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Now, off you pop to talk about your clubs who are 10 and 3 points behind West Ham right now. I wonder what the equivalent to St Totteringham's day is day for finishing above both of you?

Shouldn't that be off you pop?

2 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Well yes, I agree with you really. I hate the week building up to it and the highs of the wins never reach the lows of the losses.

It is more I love going to the games for the 90 minutes. Everyone is pumped for it. I think its everyone letting out some sort of horrible nervous tension!

You ever seen this? Bit old now but Theo Delaney sums it up for me in the first 10 seconds.

The absolute worst one I've ever been to is when you won the league there. Just the pits.

The one where HE came back was the worst atmosphere I've ever experienced. The behaviour around me was just disgraceful, and beyond anything I've ever witnessed since. Really shameful looking back.

Still a cunt though.

The 5-1 League Cup semi final (YES THE FUCKING DVD ONE @PunkStep) was probably the best one I've been to. 

I didn't go to the Sol back at the Lane one but yeah I have a few Spurs mates who shudder at that.

I was at the 5-1 one. I remember I think it being 4 nil down and Adebayor scored and WHL fell silent as it was almost like we were somehow going to pull it back. Then Adebayor and Lord B had a fight and that ended that.

1 minute ago, Factotum said:

I didn't go to the Sol back at the Lane one but yeah I have a few Spurs mates who shudder at that.

I was at the 5-1 one. I remember I think it being 4 nil down and Adebayor scored and WHL fell silent as it was almost like we were somehow going to pull it back. Then Adebayor and Lord B had a fight and that ended that.

Yeah, it wasn't until Steed got the 5th that I think we all relaxed. And that was the 90th minute!

@Hannibal ScorchI appreciate the Noble love. 

I cannot stand Spurs fans singing about Sol Campbell, the abuse that man gets is outrageous. Yes the bloke is a cunt, but some of the racism and homophobia some 'fans' chant about him is abhorrent. It does seem 'better' recently but historically it's absolutely mental. I had a row at Wembley with some arsehole fans who were racially abusing him (it was the semi vs Man U, so not sure why they were even chanting about him), of course I reported them to the stewards, who did nothing, and other fans accused me of being a snitch! That day was mad as also had a little tumble with other Spurs fans outside the ground, some of our fan base are absolute cunts.

Campbell and Terry live rent free in some Spurs fans heads. I don't think we should even mention their names in our ground, surely if we hate them that much then just don't mention them.